L1B to H1B transfer

Old Feb 17th 2015, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

RahulM123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1B to H1B transfer

Hi All,

I am keen to know the process for transferring L1B to H1B. Should I file a fresh application when the window for H1B gets open or there is some other process as well for the transfer.

Is there any quota for L1B->H1B transfers anytime in the year?

Regards,
Rahul Malik
Old Feb 17th 2015, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1B to H1B transfer

No such thing as a transfer.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Boiler,

Transfer of L1B to H1B exists, i request to check on internet sites.

Regards,
Rahul
Old Feb 17th 2015, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

What you can do is a change of status (COS) whilst in the US but you first have to apply for the H-1B on April 1 (employer submits the petition etc) and once that is approved, you can change status to that of H-1B. Perhaps that is what you mean by transfer from one status to another? Best to use the word change rather than transfer.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply, just 1 more query I have.
Can this COS happen anytime in the year or necessary a fresh H1B application needs to be file on April1.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RahulM123
Transfer of L1B to H1B exists...
No... a change of status exists. That's not the same thing as a transfer.

Can this COS happen anytime in the year or necessary a fresh H1B application needs to be file on April1.
I believe you can do a COS at any time.

Ian
Old Feb 17th 2015, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RahulM123
Thanks for your reply, just 1 more query I have.
You can do COS anytime after you have an approved petition in your hands. First the employer has to apply for the H-1B on April 1 and once that is approved, (if) then with the H-1B approval paperwork, you can ask to change from one status to another. It is a brand new application.

Last edited by Orangepants; Feb 17th 2015 at 7:35 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Once or if?
Old Feb 17th 2015, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boiler
Once or if?
Yes quite! I was unsuccessful two years running...