Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1A - Just been told the sponsoring office is closing

L1A - Just been told the sponsoring office is closing

Old Jul 27th 2016, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: L1A - Just been told the sponsoring office is closing

I'm a He, but happy to reassign if it made a difference

Unfortunately, we only currently have an EU and US main office. We were looking into an Asian based office, but it's currently on hold as business is only just picking up there.

I only see one option atm, so hopefully we can take that one (assuming my employer still actually wants me. I was so stunned I didn't actually ask)
Old Jul 28th 2016, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about

Well it looks like my last option has be removed. A conversation has already happened with the lawyer and it appears that, even if we did submit, they would have to inform USCIS of the change in status of the EU office, which would impact on the application.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Not of the application goes in BEFORE the closure of the EU office. Can the company hang on that long?
Old Jul 28th 2016, 2:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LonelyCloud
Well it looks like my last option has be removed. A conversation has already happened with the lawyer and it appears that, even if we did submit, they would have to inform USCIS of the change in status of the EU office, which would impact on the application.
You said the UK office will still be around for 3 more months. Plenty of time to file for your green card. Sounds to me like they just don't want to.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2016, 3:03 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You said the UK office will still be around for 3 more months. Plenty of time to file for your green card. Sounds to me like they just don't want to.

Rene
I wonder why if that is the case since they are not paying for it. The OP said he was in post #12.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

I appreciate that none of this is legal advice and the advice I've so far been given by lawyers is that it's a no go.

Does the closure of the office AFTER the application negatively effect the application? Anyone have experience of this? I was told that licenses would be on the line if they didn't tell USCIS, but if it doesn't matter and I stand the same chance of being accepted/declined as normal then Rene has probably hit the nail on the head. Bottom line as I see it anyway, if the company doesn't want to submit then thats it anyway, no matter what BS excuse they come up with.

Sorry, just trying to understand a few things before I ask for a meeting.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 3:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that once the I-485 is filed, you are allowed to stay in the USA "under color of law" until a decision is made on your AOS, regardless of what happens to the office in the UK

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2016, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

What Rene says is true and I'm guessing the lawyers are thinking that they would be giving false information if they submit the application *knowing* that the EU office is closing.

If that's the case, you won't sway them otherwise and it's probably far too late to bring in a new lawyer.

The sad fact is, if the company really wanted to keep you, they'd find a way and it looks like they're not interested.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

If I reda it correctly the EU office was one person who has left.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll throw this out there... are you in any way potentially eligible for an O-1? Do you have a very unique set of skills that have risen you to the "very top" of your profession?
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Although I would say yes, evidencing them is the problem. There are no qualifications in Internet Governance or being able to track and identify websites involved in Transaction laundering.

We looked at that a few years ago, but it didn't really fit. The Lawyer went for an EB1 instead and that got rejected as well.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LonelyCloud
Although I would say yes, evidencing them is the problem. There are no qualifications in Internet Governance or being able to track and identify websites involved in Transaction laundering.

We looked at that a few years ago, but it didn't really fit. The Lawyer went for an EB1 instead and that got rejected as well.
Internet secuity has become a much hotter topic in recent years, but you don't need me to tell you that, so it might be worth trying again. ..... Of course, unfortunately many of the plumb jobs will require citizenship.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hillary maybe able to help.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Hillary maybe able to help.
ok, thatw as actually funny

I think OP can try O-1 and EB-1 again. Often it is easier to get the O-1, but requires support from the petitioning employer. The EB-1A can be submitted by the OP himself through his own counsel.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Another idea is EB-2 exceptional ability (to get over the degree requirement) combined with a national interest waiver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.