L1 visa process questions

Old May 22nd 2017, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all
Default Re: L1 visa process questions

Originally Posted by DebbieBullen
Wow, I see what you mean, I think I'd have gone into meltdown! I'm so glad it's worked out now though.

How did your children find integrating into the school system?
Texas said their schooling was not at the required standard for their age so their was alot of catching up, along with the mandatory Texas history class they had to pass

Personally to me thats as useful as RE used to be when I was at school

From what I recall they liked school and that British accent made it easy, certainly did not have any meetings at school with principle about effort
Old May 23rd 2017, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

DebbieBullen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred16
Texas said their schooling was not at the required standard for their age so their was alot of catching up, along with the mandatory Texas history class they had to pass

Personally to me thats as useful as RE used to be when I was at school

From what I recall they liked school and that British accent made it easy, certainly did not have any meetings at school with principle about effort
I'm feeling better about things now, glad I posted and you guys replied. Thank you. My sons apprehensive about school in the US but he's a likeable kid so I can't see any issues. 🤞🏻

How did the medical go?
Old May 23rd 2017, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

I'm feeling better about things now, glad I posted and you guys replied. Thank you. My sons apprehensive about school in the US but he's a likeable kid so I can't see any issues. � ����� ����

How did the medical go?

Its this afternoon US time

I had no chance of getting my vaccination records from UK, so will be having all that are required today. Ouch!

I would check vaccinations required and make sure you are up to date before leaving UK
Now is a good time to make sure you also have long versions of birth certificates
Get your son school script before you leave
Any former marriage divorce decree is also a document we have been been asked to provide, + former spouse names, DOB, etc
Its alot easier gathering these items now, before you leave

Last edited by Fred16; May 23rd 2017 at 3:18 pm.
Old May 23rd 2017, 3:22 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred16
I had no chance of getting my vaccination records from UK, so will be having all that are required today. Ouch!
The only thing that really stung for me was the PPD (TB test). Still, not the most enjoyable 15 minutes of my life...
Old May 23rd 2017, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Our medicals cost $880 for the two of us. As others told us we could have sorted this before and had the vacs done elsewhere but at this stage we just wanted the whole USCIS process over with. Of course my TB test reacted so I then had to go back and have chest xray - another $80.

Congrats Fred in getting this far - you've had a rough ride!
Old Jun 20th 2017, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

I've been reading more posts and the more I read the more questions I have 🙄 .....

Sorry if I seem to being dumb but...

Will we need an ACRO cert to take to the interview for an L1-A and L2 visas?
Old Jun 20th 2017, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

roberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond reputeroberth1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Will we need an ACRO cert to take to the interview for an L1-A and L2 visas?

No, not unless you have any convictions or arrests.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 6:39 am
Just Joined

😅 Phew, no convictions or arrests. Thanks for clearing that one up 👍🏻
Old Jun 21st 2017, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Could anyone offer advice please....

L1-A and subsequent L2 petition was sent on premium processing, 11 days in and a request for additional evidence was sent to the attorney which is being dealt with by my husbands company, my question is when the attorney submits the additional evidence does the process start again from the beginning or does it get dealt with from where it was up to?
Old Jun 21st 2017, 10:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... when the attorney submits the additional evidence does the process start again from the beginning or does it get dealt with from where it was up to?
Probably not what you want to hear, but once an RFE was issued, the 15-day premium process timeline went out the window. The case will pickup where it left off... but when it'll complete is anyone's guess. It may be within a new 15-day window... or not.

Ian
Old Jun 21st 2017, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Ah.... ok thanks for the info
Old Jun 21st 2017, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Ah.... ok thanks for the info
We had a RFE on an O-1 and once they received the response, our lawyer told us the 15 day count down started again. We were approved on day 14 of the second window. It will depend on their workload - you may hear the next day but should be within the new 15 day count.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Orangepants

Awwww thank you for your reply, I did search the internet and found a forum where someone had a similar experience which made me feel a little better... fingers crossed and really hoping it's not too much longer