L1 Visa Documents and Process

Old Dec 7th 2017, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

zfisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1 Visa Documents and Process

Hi all,

I got offered a intra-company transfer to Florida on a L1-A visa a couple of weeks ago.

This week I've just began the process and completed a couple of forms but they are for the external immigration lawyers my company are using, to review the case and then I'm expecting official forms.

I've read so much different information about the process and I just wondered if anyone could really simplify it for me into steps?

My offer letter, etc is all signed and I'm due to start on the 1st February, however this is dependent on the visa being accepted by then - which is why I kind of need to understand if the timescale I've got now is realistic.

Also, do I need to show bank accounts during this process? I've no issue with doing this but it's one thing that seems to be inconsistent when I read different sources. I'm trying to get all documents ready and into place before they are asked for to try and keep the process moving as fast as possible!

Any help and advice would be appreciated! I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions along the way once I get properly started.

Thank you.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 12:16 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: L1 Visa Documents and Process

For a basic L-1 (you're an employee, not an owner of a significant stake in the business) you don't need bank statements, and indeed the process is mostly about your employer making the case to transfer you, and your professional suitability for the role, not about you or your personal circumstances .... unless you have a criminal record.

Did you mean to title this thread "L-2"? .... The L-2 is even easier than the L-1. The spouse of an L-1 needs to do little more than prove that they are married to an L-1 holder, to get their L-2.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 6:15 am
Just Joined

zfisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: L1 Visa Documents and Process

Ah no I didn't, it was late!

Thanks for clarifying! I've been told the process takes 10 weeks, does that sound about right to you?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1 Visa Documents and Process

I fixed the thread title to read L1.

Rene
Old Dec 8th 2017, 10:16 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L2 Visa Documents and Process

Originally Posted by zfisher
.... I've been told the process takes 10 weeks, does that sound about right to you?
Yes, generally, but it can be expedited and take less than a month.