Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Inspector General report on USCIS processing times

Inspector General report on USCIS processing times

Old Mar 16th 2018, 1:33 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inspector General report on USCIS processing times

The most frequent topic of discussion in this forum are "timelines."

Well, on March 9, 2018, the Office of Inspector General of DHS issued the following report:

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/defaul...8-58-Mar18.pdf

In other words, you are not alone.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 1:46 am
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inspector General report on USCIS processing times

An interesting read. Although, I don't specifically take issue with the length of time my application is taking, after all it'll take as long as it takes. It's more the reference that the "USCIS generally processes the forms in the order they are received", which I have found not really to be true. I filed in late May, yet I know of applications far subsequent to mine that have already been approved, and I'm talking as late as November 2017.

Either consistency, or removal of that specific phrase, in my humble opinion, would be appropriate.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 3:12 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hmvsdog
An interesting read. Although, I don't specifically take issue with the length of time my application is taking, after all it'll take as long as it takes. It's more the reference that the "USCIS generally processes the forms in the order they are received", which I have found not really to be true. I filed in late May, yet I know of applications far subsequent to mine that have already been approved, and I'm talking as late as November 2017.

Either consistency, or removal of that specific phrase, in my humble opinion, would be appropriate.
+1

Same as you, i filed AOS end of May last year. I only found out by signing up to the new service that has more detailed info that i've been on 'Scheduling you for an interview' status since August last year.

Also seen many others filing after me and getting decisions before
Old Mar 16th 2018, 4:10 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

My 485 is still at received biometrics fee and reviewing case. But that’s only because my 140 is still pending. But I know my 140 was in way before others for the same visa class, and they have decisions.

I don’t want this to sound like I’m jealous (ok maybe a bit) or negative. As I said, it’ll take as long as it takes. I’d really just like to know how much longer to expect to wait, based off of other people’s filing times. But I can’t do that as it seems pretty random!
Old Mar 16th 2018, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I'll put my comment here instead:

Interesting read!

I took away from it that they aren’t necessarily doing anything to speed the process up? Obviously it’s fantastic if they can set a realistic expectation and provide clearer data to applicants but I feel like people want their applications done faster (obviously), so it’ll be interesting to see if they can address that in anyway.

My I-485 application was filed January 2017 and I had my Green Card in hand March 2018. It was obviously frustrating but as others have said, it takes as long as it takes but I certainly knew of people getting approved that had filed up to 6 months later than me. That was very demoralizing.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 5:23 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hmvsdog
My 485 is still at received biometrics fee and reviewing case. But that’s only because my 140 is still pending. But I know my 140 was in way before others for the same visa class, and they have decisions.

I don’t want this to sound like I’m jealous (ok maybe a bit) or negative. As I said, it’ll take as long as it takes. I’d really just like to know how much longer to expect to wait, based off of other people’s filing times. But I can’t do that as it seems pretty random!
Have you looked at this other case check service? https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ somebody posted it yesterday. Sign up another account as it's seperate to the mycase one.

I was skeptical about it being any different but it actually contains more info on my cases on this site than the other usual case checker.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 5:32 pm
I don't (often) bite

Originally Posted by Jack8602
Have you looked at this other case check service? https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ somebody posted it yesterday. Sign up another account as it's seperate to the mycase one.

I was skeptical about it being any different but it actually contains more info on my cases on this site than the other usual case checker.
Yeah. "We've received your case"