Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Immigration Advisers/Lawyers in London

Immigration Advisers/Lawyers in London

Old Aug 17th 2016, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

eg76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration Advisers/Lawyers in London

Originally Posted by Boiler
There is a guy in Brighton that has a good rep.
Do you have a name?
Old Aug 17th 2016, 2:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Confused. If your wife is coming on an L visa, why is the company not including you as an L2 recipient on her visa. I thought that was your plan and when you are finally in the US you would then apply for adjustment of status for yourself based on your marriage to a USC.

Are you now planning on letting your wife come to the US without you while you wait for the adjudication of the ILR-1 visa in London?
Old Aug 17th 2016, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Like most people we didn't use a lawyer, but we did happen to have an immigration lawyer friend who double-checked our paperwork for us before we submitted it. If OP feels more comfortable involving a lawyer and can get reimbursed for it, I'd suggest they consider using the lawyer to check what they do rather than do it all for them.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

eg76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Confused. If your wife is coming on an L visa, why is the company not including you as an L2 recipient on her visa. I thought that was your plan and when you are finally in the US you would then apply for adjustment of status for yourself based on your marriage to a USC.

Are you now planning on letting your wife come to the US without you while you wait for the adjudication of the ILR-1 visa in London?
My wife is a US citizen. No need for a visa for her. I qualify through her.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 2:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The lawyer doesn't have to be in London. Take a look at AILA's Immigration Lawyer Search for a US based one.

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2016, 2:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The lawyer doesn't have to be in London. Take a look at AILA's Immigration Lawyer Search for a US based one.
Because using a US-based lawyer for what should be a DCF in London is bound to speed up the whole process.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Because using a US-based lawyer for what should be a DCF in London is bound to speed up the whole process.
No, I agree, a lawyer is not necessary. But the OP seems to want one, and I'm just giving more options. If the lawyer is just looking over the completed forms, they can do that from anywhere.

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

No, I agree, a lawyer is not necessary. But the OP seems to want one, and I'm just giving more options. ....
Right, I understand, but he also apparently wants speed, and using a lawyer stateside is going to add significant additional time to every step of the process.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr P is right, and to paraphrase him so is Google Steven D Heller, Director - US Immigration Lawyer in the UK

Probably did not come across very well.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 5:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Right, I understand, but he also apparently wants speed, and using a lawyer stateside is going to add significant additional time to every step of the process.
He's stated previously that he is uncomfortable with forms. Some people are form phobic and need someone else to do it for them in order to feel secure. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 5:58 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by eg76
My wife is a US citizen. No need for a visa for her. I qualify through her.
Got you. Got your story confused with someone else's.

Look at the wiki up top for direct consular filing or some such name. It spells it out perfectly what you need to do, step by step. Also a search on the marriage-based forum will give you countless first hand experiences.

The most time consuming things are getting the correct documents, i.e. your long form birth certificate, marriage certificate, children's birth certificates, passports for the children, police clearance certificate, then finally your Knightsbridge medical to be done as close as possible to the time of your appointment for the interview, which you will make yourself when all the documents are ready for submission.

Since the wife is living in the UK, who will be your financial sponsor for the Visa?

Read the wiki and others experiences even if you retain the services of an attorney. You can find one by going to AILA - American Immigration Lawyers Association or search here on the marriage-based forum for London attorneys.

From the AILA website

Kehrela M. Hodkinson London, Hodkinson Law Group
Claire D. Nilson London, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Daniel J. Parisi London, TGL Shipley Parisi
Ioana Cristina Hyde London, American Immigration Law Office Ltd.
Katie C L Fitchett London, Fragomen LLP
Jonathan Davis London, Fragomen LLP
Shane Andrews London, NNU Immigration
Amanda Shipley London, TGL Shipley Parisi
Mackie Barham London, B&A Immigration
Melissa Chavin London, Chavin Immigration Law Office
Joan A. Squires-Lind London, Squires-Lind Law Offices
Susan Willis McFadden London, Gudeon & McFadden
Adefoyeke Abimbola Adedeji LONDON, LEGAL SERVICES OFFICE OF A ADEDEJI LTD
Janice A. Flynn London, US Visa Solutions

Last edited by Rete; Aug 17th 2016 at 6:04 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 6:42 pm

Since the OP's USC work will continue with her same employer in the USA, she can use that income on the I-864.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Aug 18th 2016 at 12:04 am.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Since the OP's USC wide will continue with her same employer in the USA, she can use that income on the I-864.
Now, now... no need to disrespect the spouse!

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2016, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Now, now... no need to disrespect the spouse!

Ian
I hate auto correct more and more each day.

Rene
Old Aug 18th 2016, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I hate auto correct more and more each day.
Y'know... you can turn it off!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.