i601 extreme hardship

Old Feb 29th 2016, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

rosco74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i601 extreme hardship

Hi Rene,

I meant signed for mail. Looking at the tracker it took the standard 5 days to get to the US, no idea where, but it then took 8 days to reach Chicago.

Still, least I know it's there. I looked up registering for a USCIS account but I need to wait for a receipt number 1st.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I suspect it only took 2 days to get to Chicago, and 11 days waiting for someone to pick up the mail at the post office and sort through it.

Seems right mate, is this a sign of the bureaucracy that I have to wade through lol?

Last edited by rosco74; Feb 29th 2016 at 3:03 pm. Reason: I messed up quotes
Old Apr 6th 2016, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Hello all,

Sorry for the late update, but I got my receipt stating that they received my i-130 on Feb 26th 2016.

I've been chasing up court records and finally got word that they found them today. I'll have them tomorrow hopefully.

A thought just crossed my mind though....

Moving to the US should be a new start to a new life etc., however, if they find my case involves CIMT and that I was a felon here, and a waiver is approved, do I start life in the US clear or as a felon?

I know that I have committed no crimes in the US, but would I be listed as a felon due to past crimes this side of the pond?

If yes, then the hassle of trying to get there doesn't seem worth it....
Old Apr 6th 2016, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosco74
... do I start life in the US clear or as a felon?
Clear.

... would I be listed as a felon due to past crimes this side of the pond?
No.

Ian
Old Apr 7th 2016, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks Ian, that's what I was hoping, but I'd never seen the question asked.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

The distinction between "felony" and "misdemeanour" was abolished in English law in 1967, so it's pretty unlikely you were ever a felon in law anyway.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Well I finally got the court papers, but they create another problem for me.

The police cert only lists the offenses that I was charged with each time, ie: criminal damage. However looking at the papers they show multiple charges where they threw the book at me, say criminal damage, trespass and larceny all in one case, sentence: 100 hours community service.

When I have to fill out the DS-230 do I put down the contents of the police cert and show the court papers at interview or do I go through the papers and list everything individually??

Luckily enough the court papers do state Juvenile and some are even stamped as Minor Crime (as opposed to major, rather than adult), although IMO there was nothing major in any of it. Just makes me see how much of a stupid twat I was was as a teen....
Old Apr 12th 2016, 11:56 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

When I have to fill out the DS-230 do I put down the contents of the police cert and show the court papers at interview...
This.

Ian
Old Apr 12th 2016, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This.

Ian
Thanks yet again Ian.
Old May 11th 2016, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Just checked USCIS today and it says my I-130 was approved May 9th and they're mailing out documents.
Old May 11th 2016, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked USCIS today and it says my I-130 was approved May 9th and they're mailing out documents.
Congratulations and thanks for letting us know
Old Aug 11th 2016, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

13 weeks after the i-130 approval and weekly mails to NVC I finally got a mail stating that they received my petition and should expect to hear from them in 4-5 weeks.

Sure is slow going with these guys. So much for my preparedness, police cert is now 7 months old so I think that's lapsed lol. Will give it a few weeks before I apply for a new one just so it's current for as long as possible I suppose.

I'm leaving the medical as close as possible to the interview just in case it takes longer should I require a waiver as I don't want to have to pay for 2 medicals at their prices!!!
Old Aug 21st 2016, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Something has been puzzling me about the whole waiver thing for a while now.

Every case I read about i-601's mention the need for the 'extreme hardship' requirement.

However, in the i-601 instruction pages it states:

Page 11 of 21
Form I-601 Instructions 05/22/15 N

With the application, you must establish one of the following:

A: You are inadmissible only because of your participation in prostitution, including having procured others for
prostitution or having received the proceeds of prostitution, but you have been rehabilitated and your admission to
the United States will not be contrary to the national welfare, safety, or security;

B: At least 15 years have passed since the activity or event that makes you inadmissible, you have been rehabilitated,
and your admission to the United States will not be contrary to the national welfare, safety, or security;

C: Your qualifying U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident relative (spouse, son, daughter, parent), or K visa
petitioner would experience extreme hardship if you were denied admission;
or

D: You are an approved VAWA self-petitioner.

If only ONE of those reasons are required does it mean that the consular officer picks which one or do they just make everyone require the extreme hardship regardless? Seems like I would only have to prove 'B', if I do require a waiver....
Old Aug 21st 2016, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

If only ONE of those reasons are required does it mean that the consular officer picks which one or do they just make everyone require the extreme hardship regardless?
You (not the officer) have to demonstrate that you meet one of these 4 exceptions. The officer has to agree, of course, but I believe that choice B is correct for you if 15 years have passed since the most recent offense.

Ian
Old Aug 21st 2016, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

CO's do not review waivers, go to the lockbox.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.