I read a post on vj, to meauxna

Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:29 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: I read a post on vj, to meauxna

Originally Posted by Rete
That is the expat not knowing a NY attitude ;-) just as the NY attitude doesn't know the British humour ))

I honestly was not being harsh and sparkle knows that. We have PM'd privately. All is well. But thanks for the critique. All opinions are welcomed for consideration ;-)
OMG Rete! You are not a ...

... taxi driver? Are you???
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I read a post on vj, to meauxna

That is the expat not knowing a NY attitude ;-) just as the NY attitude doesn't know the British humour ))
Touche!

I wish Oregonians were known for something other than webbed feet so I had a good comeback for the 'Seinfeld isn't funny' thread. (as *if*!)

No need for apologies anymore, any of youse! It's all ironed out and sparkle has the info she needs.

Move along, people, move along.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to beholdbionomique is a splendid one to behold

But thanks for the critique. All opinions are welcomed for consideration ;-)

Well, on that note I've a question to ask. I realise that some discussions have gone beyond the pale with regard to discussing the credibility and reliability of information on other immigration boards, but this reference that sparkle made was simply informational (indicating where meau had made a comment) and as far as I can see a very innocuous one at that.

Are we to really take such an antagonsitic posture towards any other boards or refrain from even acknowledging their existence, just because someone is apt to use such opportunity to his advantage and jump in and use it as a segue to trash them? I think that stature is cowtowing to unprofessional behaviour I do believe a distinction should be made in this regard. The response you posted made it appear as if it's "Us" versus "them" and I don't believe that is or should be the spirit.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:35 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bionomique
Well, on that note I've a question to ask. I realise that some discussions have gone beyond the pale with regard to discussing the credibility and reliability of information on other immigration boards, but this reference that sparkle made was simply informational (indicating where meau had made a comment) and as far as I can see a very innocuous one at that.

Are we to really take such an antagonsitic posture towards any other boards or refrain from even acknowledging their existence, just because someone is apt to use such opportunity to his advantage and jump in and use it as a segue to trash them? I think that stature is cowtowing to unprofessional behaviour I do believe a distinction should be made in this regard. The response you posted made it appear as if it's "Us" versus "them" and I don't believe that is or should be the spirit.
And if you get right down to it, the OP came here because Meauxna referred to this site in a VJ post and considering that Meauxna is a MODERATOR here, that would imply to the unseasoned reader that it is acceptable to mention one forum while in another related one.

Really, I think it is a stupid etiquette rule anyway as this is a public forum and the two in question have many members in common.

Marnee
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bionomique
The response you posted made it appear as if it's "Us" versus "them" and I don't believe that is or should be the spirit.
I won't speak for Rete or what her intentions were in writing her post the way she did.

I will reply as a MEMBER of this group; I do not think we should be barred from speaking about visajourney--if anything, I consider it something of a sister site to this one, with many members in common. the 2 groups serve different purposes and have different philosophies, but the desired outcome is the same for all of us.
I think it's fair to say that there were some posts here that were not appropriate for this group; mainly someone asking members here to pass information along to the administration of visajourney, that were plain ridiculous. That it went on and on and on went over the top and I can understand why Rete got annoyed with that.

There's no set policy on this that I am aware of and I wouldn't support making one.
Bashing visajourney may be sport for some, but those comments are individual in nature and don't really call for a policy for The Group Whose Name Must Not Be Spoken.

This whole thread was an example of how the written word can be taken 'wrong' without the clues of tone and body language and a good reminder that we're here to be helpful to each other--let's just cut it all some slack, shall we?
I'd really rather there wasn't a debate about visajourney. That's my personal preference. I didn't like them trashing this group, and I don't like this group trashing them. Both groups have their plusses and minuses and neither one is right or wrong, except for your individual taste.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

greensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nice

[QUOTE=meauxna]I won't speak for Rete or what her intentions were in writing her post the way she did.

I will reply as a MEMBER of this group; I do not think we should be barred from speaking about visajourney--if anything, I consider it something of a sister site to this one, with many members in common. the 2 groups serve different purposes and have different philosophies, but the desired outcome is the same for all of us.
I think it's fair to say that there were some posts here that were not appropriate for this group; mainly someone asking members here to pass information along to the administration of visajourney, that were plain ridiculous. That it went on and on and on went over the top and I can understand why Rete got annoyed with that.

There's no set policy on this that I am aware of and I wouldn't support making one.
Bashing visajourney may be sport for some, but those comments are individual in nature and don't really call for a policy for The Group Whose Name Must Not Be Spoken.

This whole thread was an example of how the written word can be taken 'wrong' without the clues of tone and body language and a good reminder that we're here to be helpful to each other--let's just cut it all some slack, shall we?
I'd really rather there wasn't a debate about visajourney. That's my personal preference. I didn't like them trashing this group, and I don't like this group trashing them. Both groups have their plusses and minuses and neither one is meauxna ohhhh know what have I caused, sorry all
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

greensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nice
Cool Re: I read a post on vj, to meauxna

[QUOTE=greensparkle]
Originally Posted by meauxna
I won't speak for Rete or what her intentions were in writing her post the way she did.

I'd really rather there wasn't a debate about visajourney. That's my personal preference. I didn't like them trashing this group, and I don't like this group trashing them. Both groups have their plusses and minuses and neither one is meauxna ohhhh know what have I caused, sorry all
oh know what have I caused, sorry meauxna, I should have PMED you from the start
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:13 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=greensparkle]
Originally Posted by greensparkle
oh know what have I caused, sorry meauxna, I should have PMED you from the start
Dont worry about it, it sounds like this point needed clarification anyway.

Marnee
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:16 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=greensparkle]
Originally Posted by greensparkle

I can't speak for Mo, obviously, but as an innocent bystander who doesn't even know the 'other board', I am somewhat bemused.

FWIW, I thought your original request was perfectly reasonable!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Rete,

I note that the BE forum rules say that we should not disparage other forums, nothing about not remarking about what has been read in other forms.

Nothing at all with regard to the particular other forum, and I note that you yourself reference the site in your pinned post about FAQs etc.

If the particular site and forum at issue, or if any or all other sites and forums, are indeed to be off limits here, perhaps some updates are in order so that members can be expected to know about it.

Regards, JEff

secondly, you talked about another forum on BE that has lead to many heated arguments between Mr. Udall, myself, meauxna, etc. Another poster was asked not to post remarks concerning what they have read or heard in another site on this one as it is bad form.

Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:17 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

secondly, you talked about another forum on BE that has lead to many heated arguments between Mr. Udall, myself, meauxna, etc. Another poster was asked not to post remarks concerning what they have read or heard in another site on this one as it is bad form.

Rete, I agree with the others here that this comment is a bit out-of-bounds.

If someone comes here saying, "I read XYZ on this other immigration forum, what do BE members think of it?" there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In this particular case, the OP was asking about a BE member's experiences that Meauxna had mentioned in a VJ post, but she didn't know the BE member's name.

Could she have done a search for it instead of relying on others to search for her? Yes -- but that is the extent of her "wrongdoing." She wasn't bashing BE, nor did she open the door to do so. She just asked a question.

The sheer mention of another forum is NOT poor etiquette, at least in my book. If it is, then I have been guilty of it many, many times. I have no qualms about posting a link on one forum directing people to another forum -- usually to THIS forum -- because I know it will provide them with more information on that particular subject than what they could receive in the forum they originally posted in.

I sort of consider myself a "regular" around here and yet this is the first time I'm hearing that BE members are not supposed to mention any other immigration forums in their posts (just the MENTION of them, not even a link). If the "regulars" are unaware of this, then how the hell is a newbie supposed to know that breathing VJ's name -- or that of any other immigration forum, apparently -- is unacceptable????

I don't know what "heated arguments" you've had with others regarding VJ, but please don't universalize it to apply to everyone and/or to every other immigration forum out there. Instead, if you come across a post about VJ, just ignore it. Otherwise, ask Paul to change the forum rules to prohibit any mention or discussion of VisaJourney and/or other immigration forums. Personally I think that's a bad move, but you can always ask if you feel that strongly about it.

~ Jenney
Old Jan 5th 2006, 5:32 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Rete,

I note that the BE forum rules say that we should not disparage other forums, nothing about not remarking about what has been read in other forms.

Nothing at all with regard to the particular other forum, and I note that you yourself reference the site in your pinned post about FAQs etc.

If the particular site and forum at issue, or if any or all other sites and forums, are indeed to be off limits here, perhaps some updates are in order so that members can be expected to know about it.

Regards, JEff
You are quite correct, we have no objection to other forums being mentioned (unless of course they are spamming ). We don't however, allow members to discredit other sites or forums.

I think what Rete is referring to, is that in the past, a member or two have been seen to drag a disagreement they may have with another forum over to this site, which is inappropriate, hence rule 7.

Regards

Sue
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:15 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Sue,

Yes, Rule 7 is the rule that I was referring to about not disparaging other forums.

Thanks for the further explanation.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Sue
Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Rete,

Regards, JEff
You are quite correct, we have no objection to other forums being mentioned (unless of course they are spamming ). We don't however, allow members to discredit other sites or forums.

I think what Rete is referring to, is that in the past, a member or two have been seen to drag a disagreement they may have with another forum over to this site, which is inappropriate, hence rule 7.

Regards

Sue
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:04 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well, since “you” are bringing it up and since it was “I” who asked for a message to be passed along to the admin of the other site (I can’t reach them directly, and as you say, they are sort of “sister” sites so its not unreasonable to assume someone could pass the request along for me) I will post a non-disparaging reply.

I no longer participate on the other site. They do not have permission to use my name on their forms page and I know they have received that message, yet they refuse to take my name off of that page. They also keep up references to some blurbs I wrote about the I-131, which also ignores my request for them to remove any reference to me from their site.

Up until very recently, they listed “you” and Rita as contributors to their sample forms. Apparently they have received the message since they recently removed both of “your” names from their page, yet they leave mine up.

So I ask you, do you think it is honorable for them to keep listing references to me on their site when I’ve politely asked them to stop doing so?
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

jamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nicejamie_nluv is just really nice

We should request that the mods close this thread. It looks like it may need to be.

Last edited by jamie_nluv; Jan 5th 2006 at 9:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.