I read a post on vj, to meauxna

Old Jan 4th 2006, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

greensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nice
Default I read a post on vj, to meauxna

Ive just read a post on vj from meauxna replying to a thread, in it she said that a women on britexpats got her whole AOS expedited due to here husband being military deployed, does anyone remember this person? my hubby is leaving in april for 6 months, any help apreciated
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I read a post on vj, to meauxna

Originally Posted by greensparkle
Ive just read a post on vj from meauxna replying to a thread, in it she said that a women on britexpats got her whole AOS expedited due to here husband being military deployed, does anyone remember this person? my hubby is leaving in april for 6 months, any help apreciated

Do a search for hopelessinks. Searching first would have saved you sometime rather than to post about something you read in another forum. Or you might have PM'd meauxna privately.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

greensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rete
Do a search for hopelessinks. Searching first would have saved you sometime rather than to post about something you read in another forum. Or you might have PM'd meauxna privately.
wow rete I apologise if ive affended you, never expected to get that reply from you, and there I was defending you this morning, I have searched, couldnt find nothing, I would have pmed meauna but I didnt see her online, and hubby had an hour before he went to work so I thought I might have got a response from someone that could have helped him as he was going to make some calls from work concerning this matter, I just thought someone on here might remember the thread in question, I will think before I post a question again, I think hopeless was quit harsh, some of us are still learning the site and forum arena
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:18 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hopelessinks was the name of the poster to search for not a reference to you being hopeless.

Maggie

wow rete I apologise if ive affended you, never expected to get that reply from you, and there I was defending you this morning, I have searched, couldnt find nothing, I would have pmed meauna but I didnt see her online, and hubby had an hour before he went to work so I thought I might have got a response from someone that could have helped him as he was going to make some calls from work concerning this matter, I just thought someone on here might remember the thread in question, I will think before I post a question again, I think hopeless was quit harsh, some of us are still learning the site and forum arena
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I think hopeless was quit harsh,
hi sparkle,
We all had quite a laugh over that user's nickname which is *hopelessinks*. I always read it as 'hopeless inks' but it turned out to be 'hopeless in ks' like kansas <g>
PM me if you have a problem finding her posts on the topic; I'm online during the day.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: I read a post on vj, to meauxna

Originally Posted by Maggs
Hi

Hopelessinks was the name of the poster to search for not a reference to you being hopeless.

Maggie
now who looks the idiot and I will call myself totally helpless now, thx for the clarification maggs, I feel totally silly now, lol, RETE WILL YOU EVER FORGIVE ME, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, i THOUGHT IT DIDNT SEEM LIKE A RESPONSE i WOULD NORMALLY GET FROM YOU
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, Julie's username strikes again!

It was Julie, right? She's forever 'inks' in my mind
Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
lol, Julie's username strikes again!

It was Julie, right? She's forever 'inks' in my mind
lol, what a nightmare, lol
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

firstly I did not call you hopeless....the poster's name is hopelessinks

secondly, you talked about another forum on BE that has lead to many heated arguments between Mr. Udall, myself, meauxna, etc. Another poster was asked not to post remarks concerning what they have read or heard in another site on this one as it is bad form.

thirdly, a simple search would have given you your poster. All is used for a search word was "deployed".

fourthly, BE enjoys a PM function. You remarked on a post Meauxna wrote on another forum other than this one which is bad form. It would have been far easily to ask her privately then to bandy her name regarding something she posted on another forum in this one.

Harsh? Perhaps, but truthful. And there is nothing to forgive.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
hi sparkle,
We all had quite a laugh over that user's nickname which is *hopelessinks*. I always read it as 'hopeless inks' but it turned out to be 'hopeless in ks' like kansas <g>
PM me if you have a problem finding her posts on the topic; I'm online during the day.
I always read it as "hopeless sinks" -- guess I added an extra "s" in there for no reason at all...
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hcj1440
I always read it as "hopeless sinks" -- guess I added an extra "s" in there for no reason at all...
I read it that way for the longest time, too. You're not alone.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:51 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I read it that way for the longest time, too. You're not alone.

Rene

LOL, me too in the beginning

Sparkle ... if you need to speak to Julie about this let me know as I have her on my IM and will tell her to come around and get in touch with you.

Rete
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:57 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

fourthly, BE enjoys a PM function. You remarked on a post Meauxna wrote on another forum other than this one which is bad form. It would have been far easily to ask her privately then to bandy her name regarding something she posted on another forum in this one.

Harsh? Perhaps, but truthful. And there is nothing to forgive.

Rete, do you not realise quite how harsh you come across sometimes?

FWIW, the OP has already said that she is unfamiliar with forum mores ("some of us are still learning the site and forum arena"), so would it hurt to be just a little bit gentler?
Old Jan 4th 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: I read a post on vj, to meauxna

LOL, me too in the beginning

Sparkle ... if you need to speak to Julie about this let me know as I have her on my IM and will tell her to come around and get in touch with you.

Rete
thx everyone for your sound advice, I will in future watch how I post, really I will, my apologys to rete and meauxna, for my bad judgement
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:20 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Elvira
Rete, do you not realise quite how harsh you come across sometimes?

FWIW, the OP has already said that she is unfamiliar with forum mores ("some of us are still learning the site and forum arena"), so would it hurt to be just a little bit gentler?

That is the expat not knowing a NY attitude ;-) just as the NY attitude doesn't know the British humour ))

I honestly was not being harsh and sparkle knows that. We have PM'd privately. All is well. But thanks for the critique. All opinions are welcomed for consideration ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.