I have to share this story..

Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have to share this story..

My best friend since I was 9 has been trying for a baby for 10 years. She has 'unexplained infertility' - nothing wrong with her or her OH.. seems they are just not compatible.. Anyway, 8 IVF treatments and 30,000 pounds later I get an email 8 months ago with nothing but a scan picture of her baby

She is more like a sister than a best friend - even when we haven't been in touch, when we come back together its like we've never been apart. We have been there for eachother when our parents died, when we got married, all the important life events..

Since moving here we have emailed back and forth, and the last email I got was about 2 months ago when she left work. Then I realised I didn't have her mobile or house telephone number.. I have been trying to find ways of contacting her. I was laying in bed last night and had this huge urge to call her - and spent the morning trying to hunt her down. I found her home number in a book in a pile of papers

So I called her (both emotional) and she is due this Friday.. I was soo happy I called her before she had the baby. We exchanged numbers etc.. She has had a tough pregnancy and sadly her twin brother's wife has had 2 still births in the last year (one was full term) So she is understandably really nervous about the labour and delivery. So, we carry on chatting and all of a sudden she says "Laura, when do you know if your waters have broken"

They had broken right then while we were chatting.. I am an absolute giddy kipper.. Just wanted to share that, cos I am just so happy right about now Please all send your positive thoughts in the direction of London
Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have to share this story..

That's fantastic! I will be sending good vibes over the pond for your friend. I'm glad you were able to connect before the baby arrived. Does she know what she's having?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Does she know what she's having?
Yeah.

A baby....
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:09 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww congratulations to your friend and congrats to you in being able to talk to her right before it happened..

transatlantic karma being sent..

(side bet); I'm guessing a boy at 7lb 2 oz
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Yeah.

A baby....
Toon - surely you have a more clever remark?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Toon - surely you have a more clever remark?
It's Sunday, I'm off work. This is as good as it gets today.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Toontje
It's Sunday, I'm off work. This is as good as it gets today.
My goodness that was fast - were you waiting for me to poke fun at you? Hope your day off goes well!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My goodness that was fast - were you waiting for me to poke fun at you? Hope your day off goes well!
Just popped in at the right time, I guess.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

aww...sending good vibes...keep us posted!!
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Awww congratulations to your friend and congrats to you in being able to talk to her right before it happened..

transatlantic karma being sent..

(side bet); I'm guessing a boy at 7lb 2 oz
No news yet.. I think you'll be close there Lisa - She doesn't know the sex of the baby, but I'm guessing a boy - and they have said the baby is a long lean baby.. I'll let you know

Last edited by sambapink; Mar 1st 2009 at 10:42 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
My best friend since I was 9 has been trying for a baby for 10 years. She has 'unexplained infertility' - nothing wrong with her or her OH.. seems they are just not compatible.. Anyway, 8 IVF treatments and 30,000 pounds later I get an email 8 months ago with nothing but a scan picture of her baby

She is more like a sister than a best friend - even when we haven't been in touch, when we come back together its like we've never been apart. We have been there for eachother when our parents died, when we got married, all the important life events..

Since moving here we have emailed back and forth, and the last email I got was about 2 months ago when she left work. Then I realised I didn't have her mobile or house telephone number.. I have been trying to find ways of contacting her. I was laying in bed last night and had this huge urge to call her - and spent the morning trying to hunt her down. I found her home number in a book in a pile of papers

So I called her (both emotional) and she is due this Friday.. I was soo happy I called her before she had the baby. We exchanged numbers etc.. She has had a tough pregnancy and sadly her twin brother's wife has had 2 still births in the last year (one was full term) So she is understandably really nervous about the labour and delivery. So, we carry on chatting and all of a sudden she says "Laura, when do you know if your waters have broken"

They had broken right then while we were chatting.. I am an absolute giddy kipper.. Just wanted to share that, cos I am just so happy right about now Please all send your positive thoughts in the direction of London
And I thought you were gonna share some goodies or naked pictures
Old Mar 1st 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
And I thought you were gonna share some goodies or naked pictures
Ermm...
Old Mar 1st 2009, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sambapink
Ermm...
Just smile and nod Samba ... just smile and nod
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:49 am
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Sambapink, your friend must be soo excited and scared witless all at the same time. Sending lots of good vibes and karma her way
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Just smile and nod Samba ... just smile and nod

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Sambapink, your friend must be soo excited and scared witless all at the same time. Sending lots of good vibes and karma her way

Thanks very much x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.