EB2 NIW - Your experiences

Old Feb 20th 2016, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Parisangel will become famous soon enough
Default EB2 NIW - Your experiences

Wise and lovely people,

My hub's prospective new employers are suggesting we go the EB2 NIW route, it should be pretty easy in terms of providing evidence. What I'd like to know about is your experiences of doing this and crucially how long the process took.

Thank you so much!!
Old Feb 20th 2016, 3:48 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB2 NIW - Your experiences

No first hand experience, but I've seen a few people go through it. I assume you're aware that this is one of the few routes where he can file it himself? Since his new boss gets to benefit, perhaps the new boss would like to extend access to an attorney? From what I've seen, it is crucial to gather sufficient evidence of the right kind - this is where an attorney can help. If the application package is complete and of good quality (this can take some time), the process seems to be fairly quick from there on.
Old Feb 20th 2016, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Hey, thanks for the help!

Yep although self petition new employer helping us through process including engagement / payment for lawyer, we are moving from uncapped h1b.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 11:45 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

General comment: EB-2 NIW is a classic red flag in front of the bull application. The mother case is Matter of New York State Department of Transportation.

When I was in practice I had a case which I felt was an excellent NIW and an extremely marginal EB-1 extraordinary ability, so we filed both. The NIW generated the RFE from Hell and the EB-1 was approved post haste.

Words of warning.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah, I wish they'd try EB1 too but looks like it's just NIW. I think he'd have a reasonable case, but what do I know?! Looks like we are in for a long wait.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 12:04 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

If you read that caselaw, pretty apparent that the threshold that USCIS uses for NIW is actually above that for EB-1, because "national interest" is a very high bar.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible to parlay the paperwork for O-1 up to an EB1 ? I've been here for 18 months or so, and since November last year, when my first product came on line, added a significant boost to company profits and operational efficiency.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 12:23 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

No and I know someone who tried to, "outstanding" ability and "extraordinary" ability are different things if you read the legislation, the bar is higher for EB-1.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_
If you read that caselaw, pretty apparent that the threshold that USCIS uses for NIW is actually above that for EB-1, because "national interest" is a very high bar.
Well, that's concerning although as a genetic scientist with a high level of citations, I'm hoping he will have a good case.

Anyone who can tell me how long their petition took in total would be very much appreciated!
Old Mar 10th 2016, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

Currently in the process of gathering the required recommendation letters. It has taken us several months but that is our fault rather than the lawyer's fault. We were told that once submitted we could expect about an 8 month wait.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ugh, too long! I know, it's a nightmare getting all the recommendation letters!!
Old May 13th 2016, 2:07 pm
Dale & Natt

phoenix25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Parisangel
Well, that's concerning although as a genetic scientist with a high level of citations, I'm hoping he will have a good case.

Anyone who can tell me how long their petition took in total would be very much appreciated!
Hi, we are in the EB2 NIW process right now. We retained a lawyer in Sep 2014, gathered all the docs, references, the lawyers helped with the petition, and we finally filed it March 2015 with the USCIS in Nebraska. We got an RFE back in October 2015 and re submitted extra evidence in November, we got the I-140 approval in December. The file was sent to the NVC in December and the case was completed in March 2016. The file was passed onto our local embassy, Montreal, Canada. We had our visa interview on May 10th and we're just waiting for the green card to be issued now.
Old May 13th 2016, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of thing did they ask for when they asked for extra evidence?
Old May 13th 2016, 5:12 pm
Dale & Natt

phoenix25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sherbert
What kind of thing did they ask for when they asked for extra evidence?
They wanted more evidence that my research was national in scope, I did this by providing some cancer related US figures and how my research linked to this
Old May 13th 2016, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Parisangel
Hey, thanks for the help!

Yep although self petition new employer helping us through process including engagement / payment for lawyer, we are moving from uncapped h1b.
did your h1b cap-exempt help with the EB2 NIW at all ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.