British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   I-90 Renewal - supporting documents (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/i-90-renewal-supporting-documents-714472/)

ChiRed Apr 24th 2011 6:34 pm

I-90 Renewal - supporting documents

Hello folks,

I recently electronically filed my I-90 renewal application but have no idea what supporting documentation I am required to mail in. There was no explanation on my receipt, no additional screen after filing, and neither the I-90 instructions nor the USCIS website explain what is required, they just refer back to each other.

So, can anybody help me with this?
Many thanks!
Chi

Noorah101 Apr 24th 2011 7:12 pm

Re: I-90 Renewal - supporting documents

Originally Posted by ChiRed (Post 9323727)
Hello folks,

I recently electronically filed my I-90 renewal application but have no idea what supporting documentation I am required to mail in. There was no explanation on my receipt, no additional screen after filing, and neither the I-90 instructions nor the USCIS website explain what is required, they just refer back to each other.

So, can anybody help me with this?
Many thanks!
Chi

You are renewing a 10-year green card? Why should you need any supporting documents? Seems very straightforward to me.

Rene

ChiRed Apr 24th 2011 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 9323749)
You are renewing a 10-year green card? Why should you need any supporting documents? Seems very straightforward to me.
Rene

I'm not sure whether I need to send anything or not. As the instructions on the USCIS website state:

1. Go to our E-Filing log-in page and fill out form I-90 online. (After you file, you will be provided a checklist of required initial evidence and supporting documentation.)

I never received this checklist so have no idea what additional materials, if any, I am required to send.

hazelickes Apr 26th 2011 10:09 am

For renewal of GC, the only document you should submit is the copy of your GC. You can take your actual GC for biometrics appointment. If your GC is gonna get expired shortly then your passport might be stamped, so that you can use it as a temporary evidence of Permanent Residence.

ChiRed Apr 26th 2011 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by hazelickes (Post 9326857)
For renewal of GC, the only document you should submit is the copy of your GC. You can take your actual GC for biometrics appointment. If your GC is gonna get expired shortly then your passport might be stamped, so that you can use it as a temporary evidence of Permanent Residence.

Thank you Hazelickes - much appreciated. :thumbsup:

seehearsound Jan 30th 2012 10:48 pm

CHIRED how did this work out. I to just filed online & received the same lack of checklist. Did you end up just taking your old greencard to the biometrics appt or did you end up sending a copy of it through snail mail in advance in order to process your application. ? Thanks for your help in advance .....