I-765 EAD on l2 visa

Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Cincibound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-765 EAD on l2 visa

My husband applied for his EAD beginning of last week - application sent by FedEx.
Am I supposed to receive an acknowledgement or just wait for the card?
Anyone recently got one under the same circumstances (L2) and can advise their wait time?
Thanks!
Jess
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:54 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-765 EAD on l2 visa

He may or may not receive an appointment letter for biometrics. This is for the fingerprint and photo which will be used on the EAD itself. Other than that, no, you will nothing.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Cincibound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
He may or may not receive an appointment letter for biometrics. This is for the fingerprint and photo which will be used on the EAD itself. Other than that, no, you will nothing.
He doesn't need biometrics I checked before we applied.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

You'll get a letter in the mail confirming that the application has been received and is being processed and this will have a receipt number on it. Once you have that, you can check your case status online at any time and see the progress. Unless there's an issue with the application, you'll receive no more communication until the card is approved and sent to you in the mail. You can also check current processing times online for the service center you mailed the application to.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

You can open an enquiry if your case has been pending more than 75 days.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

When I posted my application in March this year it took 42 days for it to arrive.

He doesn't need biometrics I checked before we applied.
I'm not sure you can check beforehand whether you need biometrics or not?