I-485 form question

Old Nov 8th 2004, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

mouzam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-485 form question

I am going to apply for my wife I-485. she came here on K3 visa. which option on the first page that i need to check as there is no categeory for the K3 AOS? she already have the approved I-130

Thanks.
mouzam
Old Nov 8th 2004, 9:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485 form question

Originally Posted by mouzam
I am going to apply for my wife I-485. she came here on K3 visa. which option on the first page that i need to check as there is no categeory for the K3 AOS? she already have the approved I-130

Thanks.
mouzam
Is that the part where one of the choices is "based on marriage to a US citizen"? If so, I think that would be the one.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 8th 2004, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

mouzam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Is that the part where one of the choices is "based on marriage to a US citizen"? If so, I think that would be the one.

Best Wishes,
Rene
This is the part 2. Application Type. It does not say that married to a US citizen?
Old Nov 8th 2004, 10:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the part 2. Application Type. It does not say that married to a US citizen?
OK, I see where you mean. In that case, I would check letter "h - other" and write in that you arrived on a K3.

Rene
Old Nov 8th 2004, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.
mouzam
Hi:

Box "a" should do the trick. Who cares about the K-3? It's irrelevant.

"The problem is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically ... I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:24 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: I-485 form question

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Box "a" should do the trick. Who cares about the K-3? It's irrelevant.
Thanks for the help. I'd called the (mis)information line twice & gotten 2 different answers about this question. One person said to pick A) because K3 does this, the other said to pick H) and write in "entered as K3."

They sure don't make it easy...
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simon&Vik
Thanks for the help. I'd called the (mis)information line twice & gotten 2 different answers about this question. One person said to pick A) because K3 does this, the other said to pick H) and write in "entered as K3."

They sure don't make it easy...
Hi:

It is VERY easy. Check box "a" -- unlike a K-1, a K-3 does not establish basis for adjustment. A K-1 just needs a timely marriage. A K-3 needs an approved I-130 to adjust while a K-1 doesn't.

"The problem is all inside your head she said to me. The answer is easy if you take it logically. I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free." Paul Simon
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:05 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: I-485 form question

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
It is VERY easy. Check box "a"
I meant more that they don't make it easy to know what you're supposed to do when asking questions of them when you keep getting different answers. The "check A" part is easy, I know.

A K-3 needs an approved I-130 to adjust while a K-1 doesn't.

Just FYI, that differs from state to state, it seems. In Indiana, you don't have to wait for I-130 approval.
(Yes, I know you don't practice in Indiana. Hence it just being FYI. )