i-130 for parents - question

Old Dec 3rd 2017, 6:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-130 for parents - question

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I really wasn't advising any way how to proceed. I was pointing out possible alternative procedural path to the same result (green cards) consistent with US/UK travel.

When I was in practice, it was not uncommon for people to come to me with preconceived way to achieve there goals.

Sometimes there may be alternative paths to a goal
Your "When I was in practice .... " is getting old.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you don't have insurance you don't get decent health care, but you do get big bills.

As you have not yet looked into this matter (?), presuming your parents are in their 60's to 70's you should be budgeting for around $1,000 per month to cover the both of them.

Looks like we had this same conversation in November regarding costs for your parents.
Yep we did. I know its going to be a financial stress but others are doing it and I should be ok too.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Your parents have left their home country and have emigrated to the UK and are residing there. They will have their I-130 interview at the US Embassy in London. No adjustment of status needed because they are not interviewing in the US.
Great thanks for making it crystal.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 7:59 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Your "When I was in practice .... " is getting old.
I just looked at the forum usage guidelines. The second item from Meauxna incorporated the guidelines from the Canada forum.

I agree with Item #5 in the Canada guidelines. I submit that it is useful and preferred to at least indicate source of information. I don't think that guideline is getting old. If it is old, then it falls under the rubric of "an oldie but a goodie."
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 10:01 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
Yep we did. I know its going to be a financial stress but others are doing it and I should be ok too.
Surely you want your parents to have a good quality of life here? The bar is set pretty high as to whether it's worth coming here when you're living nicely in the U.K. with the NHS, winter fuel allowance, free public transport, pensions and other things to make the later years of life comfortable. Not many parents of USCs come over from the U.K., it tends to be Asian countries where this is more common as the USA can offer a better life for them.

There's not much point in going through all of this if their quality of life or financial situation is going to be worse.

Along with the "how" question theremust always be the "why" when it comes to moving here.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Other people in exactly the same situation?

Seems unlikely.