Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How soon can my mom come and how to make it work?

How soon can my mom come and how to make it work?

Old Feb 16th 2015, 12:46 am
Just Joined

WomanInLove1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How soon can my mom come and how to make it work?

It sucks that there are no guarantees as far as her entry if she obtains new visa. Basically spending 2000$ and flying 18 hours so that a border patrol officer will say no maam you can't enter
Thank you, guys!
Old Feb 16th 2015, 12:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

April was when her status would have run out
Old Feb 16th 2015, 12:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WomanInLove1980
It sucks that there are no guarantees as far as her entry if she obtains new visa.
Only a US citizen has the right of entry to the US. Everyone else takes their chances.

Basically spending 2000$ and flying 18 hours so that a border patrol officer will say no maam you can't enter
Yup - that's the chance she takes. If she wants, she can fly from any of several airports in Ireland that do US immigration pre-clearance. If she clears US immigration and is allowed to get on the plane there, she'll be fine - because there will be no US immigration when she lands. If she's denied in Ireland, it'll be a much less expensive and shorter flight home!

Ian
Old Feb 17th 2015, 12:28 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WomanInLove1980
It sucks that there are no guarantees as far as her entry if she obtains new visa. Basically spending 2000$ and flying 18 hours so that a border patrol officer will say no maam you can't enter. .....
If she flies via Dublin she would clear US immigration in Dublin, so long as it was a flight leaving before mid afternoon-ish (4pm? ).
Old Feb 17th 2015, 12:46 am
Account Closed

Looks like I missed where it was mentioned where she is
Old Feb 17th 2015, 1:19 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Looks like I missed where it was mentioned where she is
Hmmm, I don't think she said, ..... I had assumed UK, with this being British Expats.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

18 hours flight time suggests somewhere else.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler
18 hours flight time suggests somewhere else.
Depending on where in the US WIL lives it means somewhere between India and Hong Kong or south to Australia or NZ.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

I assume down under.