Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How much time between fingerprints and interview letter

How much time between fingerprints and interview letter

Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:26 pm

Roman27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much time between fingerprints and interview letter

Hi,

We were wondering how long it took from the time you had your fingerprints done to the time you received your interview letter? We are getting a little anxious here.

Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much time between fingerprints and interview letter

Originally Posted by Roman27
Hi,

We were wondering how long it took from the time you had your fingerprints done to the time you received your interview letter? We are getting a little anxious here.

Hi:

The fingerprint clearances are good for 15 months.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

Well thats wonderful i guess i am going to be fingerprinted again. Damn security check lol

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The fingerprint clearances are good for 15 months.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 8:54 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roman27
Hi,

Hi Roman,

I don't think the two events are related. It all depends on how fast your local office is processing. Some folks get an interview within a few months, some (like me, in Phoenix) will be waiting almost two years.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Mar 7th 2005, 9:06 pm
Boxer's are the Best

iniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Roman,

I don't think the two events are related. It all depends on how fast your local office is processing. Some folks get an interview within a few months, some (like me, in Phoenix) will be waiting almost two years.

Best Wishes,
Rene
I agree with Rene, having done your fingerprints isn't correlated to when you will get your interview letter.
What you want to watch closely is the dates on the USCIS website.
The link below will take you there.
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
Then select the District Office where you sent your I-485 to be processed.
Remember that you want to compare the date posted to the date BCIS received your I485, which you should know.
Good luck.
Oh, and if you get your interview within 15 months of your fingerprint, then you will not have to re-do it. If it's been more than 15 months then you will need another fingerprint done. (I guess this is how interview and fingerprints are correlated.)
Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Roman,

Best Wishes,
Rene
Hi:

They are supposed to be related. You pay the fingerprint fee ONCE, On the other hand, the CIS pays EVERY TIME the records checks are perfromed -- so they are supposed to have a correlation to avoid multiple fingerprinting.