Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

GreenCard approved AND change of residence

GreenCard approved AND change of residence

Old Mar 7th 2005, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

h1bseeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Question GreenCard approved AND change of residence

Hey guys,
My friend's GreenCard has been approved and he is waiting for his card to arrive since the last 4 months. He recently moved to another house in the same town and was wondering if he has to take an appointment with the UCIS and tell them about his new address or is there another way out? Please let me know.
TIA
Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:22 pm
Joe Feise

Default Re: GreenCard approved AND change of residence

h1bseeker wrote on 3/7/2005 14:58:
    > Hey guys,
    > My friend's GreenCard has been approved and he is waiting for his card
    > to arrive since the last 4 months. He recently moved to another house in
    > the same town and was wondering if he has to take an appointment with
    > the UCIS and tell them about his new address or is there another way
    > out? Please let me know.
    > TIA
    >

First of all, he has to send in an AR-11 form. This has to be done within 10
days of moving.
Second, he needs to inform CIS separately of his new address so that he receives
the card. It may have gone back as undeliverable already.
This is all explained on the USCIS website (under 'How Do I...', 'Address change'.)

-Joe

Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:28 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h1bseeker
Hey guys,
My friend's GreenCard has been approved and he is waiting for his card to arrive since the last 4 months. He recently moved to another house in the same town and was wondering if he has to take an appointment with the UCIS and tell them about his new address or is there another way out? Please let me know.
TIA
When I had my AOS interview a couple of weeks ago, the adjudicating officer told me not to move before I had received the actual Green Card unless I absolutely had to, since USPS will not forward the card. I would have him contact USCIS immediately.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

As well as letting the local office know of the change of address, has to fill in the AR-11 as well.