Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How to get my passport back asap in the administrative processing?

How to get my passport back asap in the administrative processing?

Old Mar 21st 2018, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Steven_Sun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get my passport back asap in the administrative processing?

Hi all,

I applied for B2 visa and interviewed at US Embassy in London last Thursday on March 15, and the visa officer told me that I need to wait for the administrative processing which will take about 8 days and he kept my passport and give me a white sheet of paper about the administrative processing. He only asked me about my major and whether I have applied to the US universities. I am a student studying in UK and my major is financial engineering, it really has nothing to do about engineering but only finance!

However, I am going to Spain next Monday, so it is really urgent to get my passport back as soon as possible with or without the US visa. What can I do about that? I have already phone and email the US non-immigrant visa appointment scheduling service and also the US Embassy in London but it did not help!

I am really nervous and panic, while the status on the website is updated on March 19 but still Administrative Processing.

I have no idea what is going on and what to do now, Please help.

Thank you

Last edited by Steven_Sun; Mar 21st 2018 at 11:32 am.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get my passport back asap in the administrative processing?

You'll probably be ok, nothing gets update online until it is handed to the courier, then you'll get it the next day, or as was the case for us, we intercepted it at the couriers.

In the event it is not done in time, you probably have lost a flight unless you have the option to cancel/change your booking on a flexible fare.

Many will follow to advise you of the pitfalls of booking travel that requires a passport so close to the appointment at the Embassy.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 3:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried sending an email through the Embassy's website. I believe there is a "Contact" link to do so.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute

Worst case, you can apply for a second passport; these are quiet common for frequent travellers and wouldn't invalidate your existing one. You can do these the same day, if you have a local passport office, or you can do an expedited service. Not necessarily the cheapest option out there, but would at least get you to Spain.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

As above, you can apply for a second passport or I believe at one point you used to be able to apply for a temporary one of sorts?
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 2:38 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91
As above, you can apply for a second passport or I believe at one point you used to be able to apply for a temporary one of sorts?
A temporary travel document is only available to Brits abroad whose passport has been lost or stolen and they need something to get them back into the U.K (where they can then apply for a normal passport). It's valid for one journey only. I had one issued to me when my passport was stolen overseas. It's basically an A4 page with your photo on it and some general particulars. Like a birth certificate with a photo. Plus it had on there the date and method of travel I was using to get back to the U.K. (in my case, the Eurostar train number).
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
A temporary travel document is only available to Brits abroad whose passport has been lost or stolen and they need something to get them back into the U.K (where they can then apply for a normal passport). It's valid for one journey only. I had one issued to me when my passport was stolen overseas. It's basically an A4 page with your photo on it and some general particulars. Like a birth certificate with a photo. Plus it had on there the date and method of travel I was using to get back to the U.K. (in my case, the Eurostar train number).
Ah thank you for clarifying