how to emmigrate

Old Oct 7th 2001, 5:16 pm
#9cloud

After researching on the internet I have come to a way I think I can successfully
acheive my goal of beoming a US immigrant.. I am going to school soon to get a
bachelor's degree which will qualify for the TN nafta permit.. then my employer would
apply to change the TN permit to an H1-b work visa, then the employer could apply to
have the H1-b become a green card.

Would this work? If not what would be a good strategy or does my strategy just need
tweaking.. I'm a canadian single guy with good math and computer skills.. if I could
achieve my goal of becoming a US immigrant I'd be very happy... Please give me some
advice how to proceed. This is a great dream of mine. I could become a German
citizen, because I qualify as a German foreign national under new immigration laws
they passed a few years ago or so.. but Germany is no America!

Thank-you Fred

Old Oct 8th 2001, 11:46 pm
Dierk

Hi Fred,

In fact, many Canadian citizens (and Mexicans) go the TN->H1-B(->GC, or green card)
route, as TN'ers are provided "immediate" judication (less than a few hours including
wait) at (almost?) any Port of Entry. An H1-B usually costs more and takes at least
two weeks, or multiple months, to get a positive (or negative) answer. US businesses
can't wait months for a reply, therefore, the "quick" TN can be advantageous.

Be reminded that it IS possible to go from a TN to a GC directly, though people
(including many lawyers) will falsely say it is not possible. Joe Grasmick charges
approx. $15,000 US in lawyers fees to help you do exactly this. Check out this
website for vasts amount of information:

grasmick.com

If you were born in Germany (even if you're a Canadian citizen) you're able to apply
for the DV-2003 Lottery granting GC's to 50,000 people. I believe, with all the
rejected entries, there is a 1 in 100 to 1 in 200 chance at being chosen. Full
details below:

http://travel.state.gov/visainstructions.html

Hope this helps,

Dierk

"#9Cloud" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 9th 2001, 12:57 am
Stuart Brook

Of course, by the time Fred has his bachelors degree the rules could be entirely
different. I know of people who have gone TN to GC without a lawyer at all (with the
help of Grasmick and his forum!)

Stuart

Dierk wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>>After researching on the internet I have come to a way I think I can successfully[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>acheive my goal of beoming a US immigrant.. I am going to school soon to get a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>bachelor's degree which will qualify for the TN nafta permit.. then my employer[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>would apply to change the TN permit to an H1-b work visa, then the employer could[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>apply to have the H1-b become a green card.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>Would this work? If not what would be a good strategy or does my strategy just need[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>tweaking.. I'm a canadian single guy with good math and computer skills.. if I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>could achieve my goal of becoming a US immigrant I'd be very happy... Please give[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>me some advice how to proceed. This is a great dream of mine. I could become a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>German citizen, because I qualify as a German foreign national under new[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>immigration laws they passed a few years ago or so.. but Germany is no America![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>Thank-you Fred[/usenetquote2]