Hoffage’s N400 thread

Old Apr 18th 2018, 6:44 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoffage’s N400 thread

Neither (at least in my case) - I requested and uploaded the IRS return transcripts rather than the account transcripts.

The return transcripts contain all the information that was on the original accepted return.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

I too uploaded IRS return transcripts. When you log in to IRS, it asks what purpose you need the transcripts for, and if you pick 'immigration', it recommends the return transcripts, though the others are also available. I simply chose what they recommended.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sun_burn
I too uploaded IRS return transcripts. When you log in to IRS, it asks what purpose you need the transcripts for, and if you pick 'immigration', it recommends the return transcripts, though the others are also available. I simply chose what they recommended.
Ah, thanks - I wasn't aware of the purpose field. Last (and only) time I did that was for a mortgage application several years ago.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, began the process to get them, but might not be in time - I have to wait for the verification code to be mailed to me because it couldn't verify my cell number (Google Fi).

I'll take print out of tax return just incase. I checked, when we submitted the forms online it asked for marriage certificate and greencards.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

sun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond reputesun_burn has a reputation beyond repute

From my own gleanings elsewhere (I’m a Dec 2017 N400 applicant) it is good practice to carry a printout of your entire application with you . The USCIS IT systems are sometimes shaky and may be down during your interview , so it helps to provide hard copies if they need it . I also intend to carry my I94 record downloaded from CBP to the meeting listing my foreign travel in the past 5 years .
Old Apr 19th 2018, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

From my own gleanings elsewhere (I’m a Dec 2017 N400 applicant) it is good practice to carry a printout of your entire application with you . The USCIS IT systems are sometimes shaky and may be down during your interview , so it helps to provide hard copies if they need it . I also intend to carry my I94 record downloaded from CBP to the meeting listing my foreign travel in the past 5 years .
Good points. Better to be prepared.

My wife's appointment is 1h5 before mine. I'm wondering whether I need two sets of everything... except birth/marriage certificates as we only have one.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GeoffM

My wife's appointment is 1h5 before mine. I'm wondering whether I need two sets of everything... except birth/marriage certificates as we only have one.
It depends on how paranoid you’re feeling I’d not worry about original documents though - just make photocopies for each of you . If you get *that* officer who wants to see originals, you can simply say your spouse has them, and offer to go bring it from the waiting hall.

In case their systems are acting up, having copies of your application and supporting documents might make the difference between an immediate approval and a could-not-make-decision .
Old Apr 19th 2018, 3:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM

One for each of you even though you are not naturalizing early based on marriage to a USC.

Each application is a stand alone application. So submit documentation with that in mind.

Since the marriage certificates were already submitted, they will have that there in your file. The original should be brought to back up the copy if asked for. They will not keep the original.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok, thanks.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Zepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,just thought I'd give you an idea of our timeline as my son and myself have just been through this based on 5 years residency.

Local office Buffalo NY

Sent N400 10/15/17
Biometrics 11/16/17
Interview 2/8/18
Ceremony 3/1/18

My son's timeline was about 2 weeks faster as he sent his in earlier and just happened to catch an oath Ceremony 1 week after his interview , the whole process was a lot faster than we expected!
We both took tax transcripts and neither of us were asked for them but best to be prepared.

Congrats and good luck!
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 8:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, GeoffM is in California so your timeline will not help him. It might help Hoffage who is filing in Vermont for adjudication in Rochester.

BTW why didn't your son file online instead of by snail mail?
Old Apr 24th 2018, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Zepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond reputeZepherine has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, yes I did mean that it might help Hoffage, as I also thought it would take longer going by the USCIS timelines.
I realise every local office is different and should have said that.
Both myself and son filed by mail, they received the applications within 2 days of mailing.

Edited to add that we mailed the applications to Dallas,Texas as we live in NY state.

Last edited by Zepherine; Apr 24th 2018 at 8:18 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercury39
I'll take print out of tax return just incase. I checked, when we submitted the forms online it asked for marriage certificate and greencards.
Completed the interview yesterday - we both passed.
We ended up not taking the tax returns - we took just what was asked for - Greencard, marriage certificate, driver license and passport - They looked at all of them except the marriage certificate (was was also unloaded online with the application) Interview took about 20 minutes - we arrived about 10 minutes before our first appointment time, got called in about 20 minutes later - so all in all we were there less than an hour. Waiting on date for oath ceremony now.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 1:18 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Zepherine
I'm sorry, yes I did mean that it might help Hoffage, as I also thought it would take longer going by the USCIS timelines.
I realise every local office is different and should have said that.
Both myself and son filed by mail, they received the applications within 2 days of mailing.

Edited to add that we mailed the applications to Dallas,Texas as we live in NY state.
Wow ... surprise it went to Texas and not to the Vermont Service Center. It's been several years but we lived in NYS and used Vermont. I just checked and USCIS has consolidated the N-400 receiving center to Texas. Actually sounds like a far better plan then using your regional service center.

Where will your interview and test take place.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 25th 2018 at 1:30 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2018, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Interview was 2/8/18 and oath ceremony was 3/1/18.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.