Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record

HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record

Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record

Just an update on my waiver application. I got the "ready to issue" email today and am arranging courier collection for my passport tomorrow. That has been 15 weeks since my interview. I will give another update on the validity they have allowed once my passport is returned.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by crg
Once you get the visa, please report back as to what annotations, if any, are located on the visa. It will be interesting to see if they actually have to issue a waiver and under what grounds.
Hello all got passport back this morning, just over a week from sending off after email.

Validity for a year, B1/B2 visa and entries 'M' so very pleased and relieved as I was worried that it would be single entry only!

Annotation: 212 (SMALL D)(3)(A) WAIVER OF 212 (A)(2)(A)(1) GRANTED. Anyone know what the small d is?
Old Oct 31st 2011, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonsie25
Annotation: 212 (SMALL D)(3)(A) WAIVER OF 212 (A)(2)(A)(1) GRANTED. Anyone know what the small d is?
Google is your friend. I suggest you try it first.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87149.pdf

Ian
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:16 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Passport received today with 12 month multiple entry B1/B2 waiver.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Fabregas1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all.

I am in a similar position to you... Interview was on the 7th of October and it will be 14 weeks on Friday with out hearing back from the embassy.

I have been waiting patiently, but I am now getting worried as I do not have a reference number and I keep thinking I have missed the email or something.

Did any of you have a reference number?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fabregas1981
Hello all.

I am in a similar position to you... Interview was on the 7th of October and it will be 14 weeks on Friday with out hearing back from the embassy.

I have been waiting patiently, but I am now getting worried as I do not have a reference number and I keep thinking I have missed the email or something.

Did any of you have a reference number?
I was given a reference number on my first waiver application but not the second. It has only been 14 weeks in your case. Try and be patient a while longer. You really ought to give it at least 20 weeks before contacting the embassy.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for responding. I will keep waiting until the 16th week as described in the letter.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

terminalvelociraptor is an unknown quantity at this point

Wife has just called to tell me they delivered my passport, i applied for a single entry B2 visa (specifically only requested b2 on the ds160), with interview date at the beginning of August (with a waiver for a previous overstay), have apparently received a multiple entry b1/b2 valid for a year. This is my first application for a visa. So while it may have taken a while, i am actually really happy with the results, as it means i can now visit the US on a business trip later this year as well, without having to revisit the embassy and apply for another b visa. I'll check all the notations with a fine tooth comb when i get home.

Yay!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Hi terminalvelociraptor,

Congratulations!

How long after your interview did you receive your ready to issue email?

it is the 15th week today for me since my interview and still nothing.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Just over 21 weeks for the email, so you may have some time to wait yet. Saying that i think one other forum user got theirs in 12 weeks, but others closer to 18. There is probably an element of randomness in this, as it may well depend on when the official gets round to processing that big batch of applications that are piling up on their desk.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 10:58 am
Just Joined

thanks for that....I guess i need to reset my expectations to another month and a half from now! My visa is for an L1 company transfer of which I am sure they have given up waiting for me by now. The US government would make a killing if they introduce a chargeable expedite process!!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

You never know, L2's may be processed differently. Good luck, hope it works out.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by terminalvelociraptor
Wife has just called to tell me they delivered my passport, i applied for a single entry B2 visa (specifically only requested b2 on the ds160), with interview date at the beginning of August (with a waiver for a previous overstay), have apparently received a multiple entry b1/b2 valid for a year. This is my first application for a visa. So while it may have taken a while, i am actually really happy with the results, as it means i can now visit the US on a business trip later this year as well, without having to revisit the embassy and apply for another b visa. I'll check all the notations with a fine tooth comb when i get home.

Yay!
Well done on getting the result you wanted!

Strictly speaking, you applied for a regular B2 visa. You may have expected to only receive single entry validity, but you did not specifically apply for that. In any case you've been granted multiple entries, so all's fine and dandy.

It's also common to receive combined B1/B2 classes whether or not you requested it, so nothing unusual there either. Will be interesting to hear what annotations (if any) have been attached to the visa.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Will be interesting to hear what annotations (if any) have been attached to the visa.
Your wish is my command
Visa Type: B1/B2
Entries: M
Annotations
212(SMALL D)(3)(A) WAIVER OF 212(A)(9)(B)(2) GRANTED

All seems to check out from reading the FAM

Glad thats all over, now just the POE to deal with!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by terminalvelociraptor
Your wish is my command
Visa Type: B1/B2
Entries: M
Annotations
212(SMALL D)(3)(A) WAIVER OF 212(A)(9)(B)(2) GRANTED

All seems to check out from reading the FAM

Glad thats all over, now just the POE to deal with!
Nice one!

Just be aware that you will probably be hauled into secondary at the POE, so allow that extra time when making travel connections.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.