Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record

HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record

Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! Travelling on an ESTA with a criminal record

Tourist.

i think the applications for waivers go through the same process though dont quote me on that.

From what I can work out the process is:-
  • Interview
  • Recommendation
  • Ignore all chaser emails or respond with standard crap and dont answer any of your questions
  • Sit on it for 12 weeks
  • Open file, click yes
  • Send email requesting passport
  • Sit on passport for 2 weeks
  • Send it out.

And they wonder why their economy is in collapse lol
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Resonate
Tourist.

i think the applications for waivers go through the same process though dont quote me on that.

• Interview
  • Recommendation
  • Ignore all chaser emails or respond with standard crap and dont answer any of your questions
  • Sit on it for 12 weeks
  • Open file, click yes
  • Send it out.

Well I really hope it doesnt take 16 weeksm fingers crossed and keep each other informed!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jonsie25
Well I really hope it doesnt take 16 weeksm fingers crossed and keep each other informed!
If it was 8 weeks you have 2 weeks left so let me know
Old Aug 17th 2011, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, just relax and accept your fate. There is nothing you can do to speed up this process. Nothing at all. And if you'd read my earlier posts in this and other threads, you'd see that my own timeline last year was about 9 weeks between interview and email plus a further 2 weeks for the courier to handle my passport. Just throwing that in as a guide.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

If it was 8 weeks you have 2 weeks left so let me know
Well thats 1 day before my travel date, so to be fair ive realistically got like 3 more days to the "the email"

Im peeing in the wind and im getting wet!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:49 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Tourist.

• Interview
  • Recommendation
  • Sit on it for 12 weeks
  • Open file, click yes
  • Send it out.

Yeh... Why the heck should they bother with your questions? Your questions are distractions. You paid for a visa and waiver application, not for endless handholding, a shiatzu massage, or to rush through your late application ahead of everyone else's.

How many applications do you think they could have been approving when they were instead busy looking at your numerous emails? How many more could they have been approving if they actually looked into an issue they already told you could take 16 weeks to resolve?

Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on their part. They owe you nothing.

I bet the owner of the shop you stole from would be grinning from ear to ear if he knew how you're still paying for it. I suspect you didn't get caught the first or only time. Call it Karma.

Last edited by crg; Aug 17th 2011 at 6:48 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:52 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
Yeh... Why the heck should they bother with your questions? Your questions are distractions. You paid for a visa and waiver application, not for endless handholding, a shiatzu massage, or to rush through your late application ahead of everyone else's.

How many applications do you think they could have been approving when they were instead busy looking at you numerous emails? How many more could they have been approving if they actually looked into an issue they already told you could take 16 weeks to resolve?

Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on their part. They owe you nothing.
+1
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg

How many applications do you think they could have been approving when they were instead busy looking at you numerous emails? How many more could they have been approving if they actually looked into an issue they already told you could take 16 weeks to resolve?

I bet the owner of the shop you stole from would be grinning from ear to ear if he knew how you're still paying for it. I suspect you didn't get caught the first or only time. Call it Karma.
I think resonate believes that their application is the only one in the system

Feel bad for them losing so much money (if it happens that is) but to blame everyone else for their mistakes is a p*ss take.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:18 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Tourist.

• Interview
  • Recommendation
  • Sit on it for 12 weeks
  • Open file, click yes
  • Send it out.

Not sure what keeping convicted criminals out of a country has to do with the global issue of over leveraging... last time I checked continental Europe was having an issue or 2 as well....
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:24 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info and will keep you all informed.

Does anyone know how long the waiver would take if i was given a L visa (Internal transfer) is it the sametime as a normal one? Could affect the possibility of the company transfering me
I can't comment on the timing but from my recollection of the process if it had been required I assume it would have been seen by my employer / the lawyer my employer hired. So you may want to factor that in to your decision about moving forward with any transfer, no point in going for it it if it leads to you losing your job :-(

Slightly off topic and this may be more finance specific but we would carry out a background check on new hires in the UK, and I also specifically ask at interview if they are able to travel to the US for meetings as thats a requirements of most of the roles, although given your example I could still have people who believe they are because they have mis understood the form...
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg
Shop I stole from? Lol bit presumptuous ain't ya? I robbed a bank, and not with a gun, it was a victimless crime. Now they call it morally wrong!

Lol
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:12 am
Account Closed

Shop I stole from? Lol bit presumptuous ain't ya? I robbed a bank, and not with a gun, it was a victimless crime. Now they call it morally wrong!

Lol
I believe crg has you confused with the OP of this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713051
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I robbed a bank, and not with a gun, it was a victimless crime. Now they call it morally wrong!
Are you aware that the Dark Forces also read this forum? You might think your past was a huge joke... but I'll warrant they don't.

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

They are fully aware of my past, ive nothing to hide
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:47 pm
tht

Lol
Wow a bank with no employees or shareholders...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.