Help Please – New to Forum

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:06 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please – New to Forum

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Heh, there actually *was* someone on here a year or two ago who asked how they should take their goldfish. I replied that I thought one might just want to flush one's goldfish and pick up a new one once one reached one's destination, and boy, did I ever get raked over the coals for that! Someone posted reasons why it was cruel to flush a goldfish (other than the obvious "it's gonna die" bit), and the consensus was, that the kindest way to dispose of a fish was to put it in a cup of water and freeze it. It just gets seepy!

I don't remember her ever coming back.

~SG
OMG, you just made me cry of laughter!

Second wife...great question too!

This is too good. Hahaha.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:08 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi
OMG, you just made me cry of laughter!

Second wife...great question too!

This is too good. Hahaha.
Actually, I ended up feeling incredibly guilty over that one. Do you remember LPDiver? He was the one who posted about the cruelty of flushing a fish---described what happens when the fish hits the chlorinated water and all that. I respected his thoughts on the matter---he was a good guy. But, really.

*sigh*

~SecretGarden
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:14 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I ended up feeling incredibly guilty over that one. Do you remember LPDiver? He was the one who posted about the cruelty of flushing a fish---described what happens when the fish hits the chlorinated water and all that. I respected his thoughts on the matter---he was a good guy. But, really.

*sigh*

~SecretGarden
I'd probably give the fish away to a friend before departing the home country. If that is not an option, then perhaps revive the old tradition from the 50's and 60's and swallow it. At least in that way, you can take it with you (At least for "part" of the journey… Just kidding of course... I don't like to kill anything [including most types of bugs]). I don't have a problem offing microbes, but if it has a face, I just can't do it.

I've had to put to sleep a beloved dog and cat before, and it broke my heart (even though in both cases, it was the right thing to do). My shotgun I've used to hunt dove and pheasant just collects dust now.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Feb 2nd 2005 at 10:22 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:16 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
I'd probably give the fish away to a friend before departing the home country. If that is not an option, then perhaps revive the old tradition from the 50's and 60's and swallow it. At least in that way, you can take it with you (At least for "part" of the journey… Just kidding of course... I don't like to kill anything [including most types of bugs]). I don't have a problem offing microbes, but if it has a face, I just can't do it.
Big softie.

I was just amazed at the depth of feeling this person seemed to have for this goldfish. And maybe I should just shut up now before I get myself into more trouble.......*glug glug glug*

~SG
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh*

~SecretGarden
Hey...this post should be copied over to the "Whatever Happened To...?" thread. Whatever happened to LPDiver? He was a regular and I haven't seen him around for a while.

Never owned a fish, dog, or bird in my life. Just cats.

Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Have I been around too long
I do believe I can put a username to every one of the scenarios given...
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
"A Fish Called Wanda" - I love that movie!

Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Which one am I?

Rene
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:31 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh*

~SecretGarden
Ok, come on...whatever! A goldfish? Give me a break. I seriously hope you didn't loose sleep over that. *L*
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:31 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Help! I have a complicated situation that is outside of the scope of a NG. My questions can only be answered by an attorney experienced in this area. I would appreciate any responses.

~~~~~~~~~

I have a really simple question that can easily be answered by reading the FAQ at the top of the forum. Any ideas guys?

~~~~~~~~~~

I don't like the answer I have been given by qualified attorney. So I've come here for some better advice. Can you help?

~~~~~~~~~~
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:33 pm
The Missus

Originally Posted by Ray
Well, I remember the fish lady. Her name was Jules.

~SG
Sorry, Jules.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:37 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
I have a really simple question that can easily be answered by reading the FAQ at the top of the forum. Any ideas guys?
You crack me up. I wish I had a dollar for every unsolicited call I've taken or e-mail/PM received that started out with, "I have a simple question". My usual reply is that simple questions often require long and complicated answers.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi
Ok, come on...whatever! A goldfish? Give me a break. I seriously hope you didn't loose sleep over that. *L*
There you go have a read up ..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...9&page=1&pp=15
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:41 pm
Ray

Well, I remember the fish lady. Her name was Jules.
~SG
Sorry, Jules.
Well done aussiejules1974
The one I cant remember is the one who wanted all the fees paid for him..
I kept calling him Supersponger but the username IS...........

And Mrslondon was my all time favourite though...
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:49 pm
The Missus

Originally Posted by Ray
Well done aussiejules1974
The one I cant remember is the one who wanted all the fees paid for him..
I kept calling him Supersponger but the username IS...........

And Mrslondon was my all time favourite though...
Hahah! I remember him...........infotech, right?

~SG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.