Help if anyone can :(

Old Apr 18th 2015, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Chris edwards1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help if anyone can :(

Hi guys,

I'll give a brief background and see if anyone can help or advice.

My grandmother passed away last Nov and left everything she had to my father.

Unbeknown to me her dieing wish was that my father took my family on holiday to Disney.

When my father finally got his inheritance first thing he did was to book the holiday and pay for it in full.

He came to me in Feb and said this is what he had done and that we needed to get passports for myself, my partner and our 3 children.

This we did, and then we were told when we get our passorts to apply for ESTA's.

Now because I had convictions I found I had to apply for a B2 tourism Visa, which I did and had my interview yesterday.

After the initial handing in the forms and taking finger prints i waited another 30 mins or so where i was called to a different window.

The lady behind the counter asked me a few more questions like, what is the purpose of the visit, how long etc and asked about my convictions 13 years ago, to which i replied silly mistakes and being in with "the wrong crowd".

She then passed me a letter saying they could not issue me with a visa because i have been found ineligable for admission under section 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(I) : crimes involving moral turpitude. And that i could get a waiver of ineligibility for 1 year.

I tried to ask what this meant but was met with "We'll contact you by E-mail" and it would take 6 months (by this time the next person called to the window was stood behind me so i couldn't ask anymore questions).

Now this is where I confussed, They know when my holiday is booked as it was in the application, does this mean I will have to get my dad to cancel the holiday as its booked for July 31st 2015.

I cant seem to find any info if i can fast track the application for a fee, as this will probably be the one and only holiday we can take our children on (we cant afford a 3 week all inclusive holiday with all the extras that my dad has booked).

It's just devistating as about 9 years ago i visited the USA and had no problems getting in as i just filled in a form on the plane if i remember and spent 3 weeks travelling around with my father and unlce (before i met my partner and had kids).

I'd understand if i was recently in trouble with the police but i haven't, I have a full time job where i have been for 7 years, I have a mortgage to pay and a family to support so im not looking at overstaying my welcome over there, I just want to take my kids to disney.

Hope someone can help with what all this means and what i can do other than wait and pray it comes in time.

Also the last date the holiday can be cancelled is 9th May is there any other "Visa/Waiver" i can apply for jsut for the 3 weeks?

Hope someone can help.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 3:37 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help if anyone can :(

Check out this thread. It may give you the info you need. But I think you will need to postpone the holiday.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...cation-713051/
Old Apr 18th 2015, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris edwards1
... does this mean I will have to get my dad to cancel the holiday as its booked for July 31st 2015.
No - it means only that you won't be going with them.

I cant seem to find any info if i can fast track the application for a fee, as this will probably be the one and only holiday we can take our children on (we cant afford a 3 week all inclusive holiday with all the extras that my dad has booked).
You can't fast track the application. It will take anywhere from 24-30 weeks to get approval on the waiver... which is to say, it'll take that long for your file to get to the top of the pile because there are already a lot of people ahead of you also waiting for approval.

It's just devistating as about 9 years ago i visited the USA and had no problems getting in...
This suggests you deliberately lied when completing the green I-94W.

I have a full time job where i have been for 7 years, I have a mortgage to pay and a family to support...
This is all in your favor, and suggests that the waiver will be approved. Unfortunately, it will not be approved in time.

... is there any other "Visa/Waiver" i can apply for jsut for the 3 weeks?
No.

Ian
Old Apr 18th 2015, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you not need Passport info to book a holiday involving international flights?

Did you father not know about your past indiscretions?
Old Apr 18th 2015, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Chris edwards1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Do you not need Passport info to book a holiday involving international flights?
No. Booked with Thompson and they never asked for a passport number - Even my dad had to renew his passport and he booked/paid for the holiday.

Did you father not know about your past indiscretions?
He does but as we had no problem before getting in he didn't think to check.

And i only found out i needed a visa when applying for an ESTA through Virgin Atlantic.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 4:49 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Now this is where I confussed, They know when my holiday is booked as it was in the application, does this mean I will have to get my dad to cancel the holiday as its booked for July 31st 2015.
Look at it this way -- it will give you the opportunity to rebook at a better time of year. You are all going to wilt trailing around Disney in the heat and humidity of August in Florida!
Old Apr 18th 2015, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Hope someone can help with what all this means and what i can do other than wait and pray it comes in time.

Also the last date the holiday can be cancelled is 9th May is there any other "Visa/Waiver" i can apply for jsut for the 3 weeks?

Hope someone can help.
Break the news to your dad that either you won't be joining everyone else on the planned holiday or he has to cancel the trip and reschedule for a later date once you've received your visa.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not book anything until you have a visa in your passport.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Do not book anything until you have a visa in your passport.
This - golden rule on this board!

July is about the worst time to visit Florida anyway as it's so hot and families usually are miserable.

As already stated, you need to tell your Dad that you won't be going so he can either cancel or make plans without you (I suspect the latter, although I don't know what the cancellation policy/penalty would be).
Old Apr 18th 2015, 9:57 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

In reading OP's post, the letter "s" kept popping out to me -- the plural for convictions. The "petty offense exception" applies to only a single offense. If I had been the consular officer, I would not have been impressed with OP describing his offenses as "silly." I would not have minded the use of "silly" in the description of his younger self in the sense of "I was young and stupid." I think the "wrong crowd" is a good thing perhaps it is accompanied by "I no longer hang out with those people, it would be stupid to do so." The idea is to show some remorse for the younger self and redeeming one's self.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 3:38 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

The other alternative is visiting Disney in Paris, Hong Kong or Tokyo. All really fantastic places to visit, too.

Best of luck whatever you decide.