H1-B to Greencard

Old Jan 25th 2018, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Scottish Lassie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1-B to Greencard

Hello all,

I'm currently working on an H1-B visa. My employer is sponsoring me for the green card. My employer is asking me to reapply for my job position (teacher) and I have to be interviewed again! Is this normal practices?

Thanks, I appreciate any advice.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 12:47 pm
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H1-B to Greencard

I went down that route, but didn't have to reapply for my job. Maybe it's different for teaching.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

We've gone through that route and no did not have to apply for our jobs. The job was posted and there was recruitment done for it as that's part of the process, but we didn't actually have to apply for the job.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Why do you think they are asking me to do this? Someone more qualified has applied for the position?
Old Jan 26th 2018, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scottish Lassie
Why do you think they are asking me to do this? Someone more qualified has applied for the position?
This sounds unusual, the PERM requires applicants that appear suitable to be interviewed, and in the case of an audit, reasons why they were rejected. You should clarify with your employer exactly what they are intending.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 9:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen it happen, but not for immigration purposes.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

For what purposes then?
Old Jan 26th 2018, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

nigelhorne is an unknown quantity at this point

It's to cover their backs that they've done due diligence to ensure you're not taking a job from a US citizen or LPR since it's a new LPR application even though you already have an H-1B. Yes it doesn't make sense, no it doesn't happen every time (it didn't happen to me), but it doesn't surprise me.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 2:55 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Every case is different, but within the general scheme of things, it may very well make perfect sense.

There is an inherent tension in the labor certification process. From the viewpoint of the regulations and the Department of Labor, the employer is seeking to locate an American worker, not you, to fill a specific position.

Also, I wonder if your employer needs multiple teachers.