Green card renewal

Old Jul 26th 2017, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

JTB321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green card renewal

Time flies so now we are almost within 6 months of our GC renewal date. Looking into completing the I90 online and just wondering if anyone has used one of the online assistance companies? Typically about $200 per applicant and not sure if it is worth it? Looking at the form it seems straight forward but get something wrong and it will be bounced back. That is what the online service offers, correct completion of the form to prevent any delays. Has anyone been through the process filling the firm in themselves, any words of advice? Or is it better to pay for guidance?
Sorry for so many questions but would like to take any stress out of this procedure!!
Thanks John
Old Jul 26th 2017, 7:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card renewal

Do it yourself, there is absolutely no need to pay for assistance, it would be a complete waste of money unless you have difficulty understanding English.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

I'm English so no problems there� ���� If I have any questions I guess I can post here and get some advice. Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2017, 8:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JTB321
I'm English so no problems there. If I have any questions I guess I can post here and get some advice. Thanks
Absolutely! We'd be happy to help.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Great!! I'll be in touch soon, thanks
Old Jul 27th 2017, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

bewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond reputebewildering has a reputation beyond repute

Great!! I'll be in touch soon, thanks
I am curious why you haven't naturalized? I imagine the cost must be similar to the renewal?
Old Jul 27th 2017, 2:00 am
Just Joined

We have not naturalized as we have not decided where we will finally retire to. May stay here in the USA or we have other alternatives, not the UK though!!
Being naturalized means the IRS expects wherever you live........
Old Jul 27th 2017, 3:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So does being a US PR, although you can formally abandon that status if you choose to live outside the USA.

Rene
Old Jul 27th 2017, 4:07 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I just d/l the I-90. There are 7 pages and only 4 for you to complete. The last three are for the interpreter who translated the document language for you if you don't speak/read/write English and for the preparer of the document if not the applicant him/herself.

The questions are straight forward, simple to understand and there are no trick questions.

If you have $200 to spare and you don't mind speaking with me on the phone, I will be happy to take your money from you and prepare the online form for you with the answers you will give me to the questions the form asks.

Old Jul 27th 2017, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
I just d/l the I-90. There are 7 pages and only 4 for you to complete. The last three are for the interpreter who translated the document language for you if you don't speak/read/write English and for the preparer of the document if not the applicant him/herself.

The questions are straight forward, simple to understand and there are no trick questions.

If you have $200 to spare and you don't mind speaking with me on the phone, I will be happy to take your money from you and prepare the online form for you with the answers you will give me to the questions the form asks.

Thanks!! I do have a question for you (may be just a $10 one), when you submit your I90 do you retain your Green Card so you can still travel if needed? I plan to submit next month but may still need to travel back to UK or elsewhere.
Cheers, John
Old Jul 27th 2017, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... when you submit your I90 do you retain your Green Card so you can still travel if needed?
Did you actually read the form and the instructions? Given the question, probably not.

Ian
Old Jul 27th 2017, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did you actually read the form and the instructions? Given the question, probably not.

Ian
You are correct, I will be filling out the I90 mid August so I'm just gathering info from informed people. If the answer is in the form then I'm sure I'll get my answer then😊

Thanks John
Old Jul 27th 2017, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I will be filling out the I90 mid August...
Why don't you just download the form now and look at it? I understand you don't want to fill it out yet - but I can't fathom why you're going to wait until then to find out the answer!

Just to clarify... you're actually renewing a 10-year green card, right? You're not trying to remove conditions on a 2-year green card, right?

Ian
Old Jul 27th 2017, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Yep, just renewing, no other issues.