Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Green Card pending, Where to send the tax returns

Green Card pending, Where to send the tax returns

Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

kanch is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Green Card pending, Where to send the tax returns

Hello Everybody,
My GC is pending at the Philadelphia office, they wanted us to send 2004 tax returns. I have their mailing address, but I do not know who I should make it "attention" to, is there a department I send it to?
Also, Do I need get a transcript from IRS and send it or just the copies I have is enough. I do have a co sponsor since I did not have a good enough income when I filed in 2002. My wife is the sponsor ( she does not work ), So we got her dad to co-sponsor. He did provide his 2004 tax returns and we sent them. Immigration says they never got them. So I have to send them again. Is it better to send our own since we have enough income now or should we still send the copies from the Co-sponser.
Please help me here
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card pending, Where to send the tax returns

Originally Posted by kanch
Hello Everybody,
My GC is pending at the Philadelphia office, they wanted us to send 2004 tax returns. I have their mailing address, but I do not know who I should make it "attention" to, is there a department I send it to?
Also, Do I need get a transcript from IRS and send it or just the copies I have is enough. I do have a co sponsor since I did not have a good enough income when I filed in 2002. My wife is the sponsor ( she does not work ), So we got her dad to co-sponsor. He did provide his 2004 tax returns and we sent them. Immigration says they never got them. So I have to send them again. Is it better to send our own since we have enough income now or should we still send the copies from the Co-sponser.
Please help me here
Wait up a moment. Who asked you to send them and how did they ask you? Was it via correspondence or during the AOS interview? If by correspondence, didn't they include a return envelope? If in person, then mail them to the Philly office and hopefully addressed to the person who interviewed you. If you now earn enough to be your spouse's sponsor then do up a new I-864 and include the new 2004 return with it.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

kanch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Wait up a moment. Who asked you to send them and how did they ask you? Was it via correspondence or during the AOS interview? If by correspondence, didn't they include a return envelope? If in person, then mail them to the Philly office and hopefully addressed to the person who interviewed you. If you now earn enough to be your spouse's sponsor then do up a new I-864 and include the new 2004 return with it.
Thank you Rete, The officer who did out interview asked us to send the tax returns at the interview. But she has transfered since then.
This is what we were told the last time we inquired about it through our local senator.
"The file on this case is charged to awaiting docs. your inquiry and interest has been forwarded to the 485 section for review of the file and return of the case to the processing queue. "
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kanch
Thank you Rete, The officer who did out interview asked us to send the tax returns at the interview. But she has transfered since then.
This is what we were told the last time we inquired about it through our local senator.
"The file on this case is charged to awaiting docs. your inquiry and interest has been forwarded to the 485 section for review of the file and return of the case to the processing queue. "

If it were me, I would make an Infopass appointment and hand deliver the missing document in person. If that is not possible, then ask the person at the senator's office who they suggest you address the envelope to.