getting a wife to america

Old Dec 14th 2005, 5:49 am
Swallow

Default getting a wife to america

i have been living with a chinese woman for 15 months. we want to go to
america. i don't know how to do this and i have a very limited income.
we do not want to continue to live here in china -- she has no future
here. can anyone give me some advise or help. i am desperate.
steve

Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting a wife to america

Originally Posted by Swallow
i have been living with a chinese woman for 15 months. we want to go toamerica. i don't know how to do this and i have a very limited income.we do not want to continue to live here in china -- she has no future
here. can anyone give me some advise or help. i am desperate.steve
And your citizenship is ?????
Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:27 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swallow
i have been living with a chinese woman for 15 months. we want to go to
america. i don't know how to do this and i have a very limited income.
we do not want to continue to live here in china -- she has no future
here. can anyone give me some advise or help. i am desperate.
steve
Airplanes are a good way to get here.. or boats.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:02 pm
James

With a name like "Steve" Most likly only his wife is from China. Strange he would refer to his wife as a chinese woman he has been living with for 15 months.
--
James Christie
MyUSGreencard.com
Live and Work in America.

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/

Old Dec 16th 2005, 8:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James
With a name like "Steve" Most likly only his wife is from China. Strange he would refer to his wife as a chinese woman he has been living with for 15 months.
They probably aren't married just yet.

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2005, 12:18 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

--
James Christie
MyUSGreencard.com

---
posted via:
Where did he say she is his wife?
Old Dec 17th 2005, 5:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

--
James Christie
MyUSGreencard.com

---
posted via:
Actually for reasons I have never fathomed this is not a good guide.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Where did he say she is his wife?
In the title of the thread "getting a wife to america". But he did not say whether or not she is his wife yet.

Rene
Old Dec 17th 2005, 10:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
In the title of the thread "getting a wife to america". But he did not say whether or not she is his wife yet.

Rene
oops

My *guess* would be that they are not yet married, but he'll do right by her when the time comes.

And, no one's answered his questions yet, really. OP: you will need a US home and US income to be eligible to bring her to the US.
If you're legally resident in China, you can probably begin the process there. Visit the US Consulate homepage for the Chinese city closest to you and look at the instructions for Immigrant Visas.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 10:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

oops

My *guess* would be that they are not yet married, but he'll do right by her when the time comes.

And, no one's answered his questions yet, really. OP: you will need a US home and US income to be eligible to bring her to the US.
If you're legally resident in China, you can probably begin the process there. Visit the US Consulate homepage for the Chinese city closest to you and look at the instructions for Immigrant Visas.
But what if he is Greek ...
Old Dec 17th 2005, 10:38 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

oops

Presumably this comparatively simple scenario applies only if the OP is a USC? He never actually clarified.

For all I can tell we may be talking to someone who has never bothered to come back.

Am I the only one who finds it frustrating when people post a question and never respond to the answers and/or follow-up questions they are getting? Let alone say thank you...

Last edited by Elvira; Dec 17th 2005 at 10:53 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Presumably this comparatively simple scenario applies only if the OP is a USC? He never actually clarified.

For all I can tell we may be talking to someone who has never bothered to come back.

Am I the only one who finds it frustrating when people post a question and never respond to the answers and/or follow-up questions they are getting? Let along say thank you...
d'oh!
I am out of here..
What a gomer I am.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 8:07 am
Amanda

swallow wrote:
    > i have been living with a chinese woman for 15 months. we want to go to
    > america. i don't know how to do this and i have a very limited income.
    > we do not want to continue to live here in china -- she has no future
    > here. can anyone give me some advise or help. i am desperate.
    > steve

I like your subject title: "Getting a wife to ..", not "Getting my wife
to .." .

Old Dec 18th 2005, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
But what if he is Greek ...
Oh, never marry a Greek man. You get the mother for free, then.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 3:49 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: getting a wife to america

Oh, never marry a Greek man. You get the mother for free, then.

Is this the voice of experience talking then??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.