Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Getting a b2 visa with a spent conviction

Getting a b2 visa with a spent conviction

Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice
Default Re: Getting a b2 visa with a spent conviction

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update, not really much has happened regarding the waiver, still no email as of yet. Im on the 17th week this week and its gone really fast, I've been occupied with christmas and birthdays, my son learning to drive, and been busy in work so my mind haven't really thought about it (that much). Not long to go now, i would say around another 7 weeks before i hear. :fingers crossed: I think i will start screaming and dancing if i have an email of approval, wherever i am lol

Anyone who applied before me (8th November) had their answers yet or are the DHS maybe a little behind on the 20-22 weeks schedule.

Thanks for reading

Mark.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Leanne12 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=ireallywannago;11157680]Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update, not really much has happened regarding the waiver, still no email as of yet. Im on the 17th week this week and its gone really fast, I've been occupied with christmas and birthdays, my son learning to drive, and been busy in work so my mind haven't really thought about it (that much). Not long to go now, i would say around another 7 weeks before i hear. :fingers crossed: I think i will start screaming and dancing if i have an email of approval, wherever i am lol

Anyone who applied before me (8th November) had their answers yet or are the DHS maybe a little behind on the 20-22 weeks schedule.

Thanks for reading

Hi I'm on week 23 tommorow , stressing like mad as I'm suppose to be going to Florida on May 2nd with my 3 kids, and husband and a few other familly. I know I'm still in my time limit but it's so frustrating as I have lost out before a fees years back for my visa not turning up in time, I thought I'd left enough time this time. I will be deverstated if I don't get to go as it's my 2yr olds first time.

Mark.[/
Old Mar 5th 2014, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

I think it will come back in Tim, still have near enough eight weeks, as long as everything is planned you'll be fine

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
Old Apr 29th 2014, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

HI All, Just a quick update to those who may be following this thread but haven't seen my other posts.

I had me email last thursday 24th April, 23 weeks and 6 days after my interview. Granting me a waiver of ineligibility, had to following instructions in the email on how to send it off. So that was done one Friday morning, they received it on Monday (28th April) so just have to wait for it to come back and then i can start planning my holiday.

I would like to thank the following people off here for giving my some good advice and straight to the point, but fair advise.

ian-mstm
materialcontroller
crg
noorah101

Once again thank you guys for all the help and understanding i don't think i would have been able to get through this without you all.

I will update you all when my passport comes back and let you know how long i have been granted.

Thanks

Mark.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Once again thank you guys for all the help and understanding i don't think i would have been able to get through this without you all.

I will update you all when my passport comes back and let you know how long i have been granted.
Great news! Congratulations!

Rene
Old Apr 29th 2014, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
I had me email last thursday 24th April, 23 weeks and 6 days after my interview. Granting me a waiver of ineligibility, had to following instructions in the email on how to send it off.
Congratulations! Glad to hear it worked out well for you.

Ian
Old Apr 13th 2015, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

If you've read this thread you would know my situation, but I wanted to ask another question.

We are thinking of going to florida (again) in late August 2016, and I know that I need to get another B2 waiver as my first one has now run out. Nothing has changed, no more convictions just the one from before. I know I need to go through the process again, but my questions are:

When I go to the embassy for my interview, will they send it to DHS for them to see if they will give me another waiver of eligibility or could they grant one there and then, but if they grant it at the embassy, and give me a year waiver, then I would have to go through the process again in a couple of months for them to grant one that would be in date for when I go in August 2016.
So it's like catch 22. If I know It would definitely be sent to DHS, to be granted a waiver, then I'll start the process now as they take around 6 months. If there could be a chance that they could grant it there, then I will wait until September to start the process.

Sorry to be long winded, I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask.

Mark.

Last edited by ireallywannago; Apr 13th 2015 at 6:00 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

It will be the exact same process as before - i.e. your case will be sent to DHS with a recommendation from the conoff that they grant your waiver.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
It will be the exact same process as before - i.e. your case will be sent to DHS with a recommendation from the conoff that they grant your waiver.
Ok excellent, thanks for the reply.