Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Getting a b2 visa with a spent conviction

Getting a b2 visa with a spent conviction

Old Oct 4th 2013, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice
Default Re: Getting a b2 visa with a spent conviction

Hi Rene,

When you say, court records, the only thing the court would give me is a certificate of conviction after I asked them for my court records, would that be ok?

Mark.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 5:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
Hi Rene,

When you say, court records, the only thing the court would give me is a certificate of conviction after I asked them for my court records, would that be ok?

Mark.
Just bring whatever you have.

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2013, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Mammamia is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck OP, we've had a no today from conviction from 10 years ago.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 9:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mammamia
From your other post in the thread you started on this topic, it doesn't sound to me like a "no". It sounds like the ConOff put it through to request a waiver.

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2013, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mammamia
Hi, yep this is what I'm expecting is to be told no, but hopefully they will put it through for a waiver of eligibility then it's just a waiting game.

Mark.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update! I've done my ds 160 online and printed confirmation page, paid the visa fees (£100) and booked my appointment. The earliest appointment in London was for the 8th November at 8am. So will let you all know how I get off at the embassy

Thanks
Mark.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Mammamia is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck
Old Oct 9th 2013, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question. Do i need to fill out a VCU-1 form? or is that just for when your ACRO report comes back as no trace/no live trace?

Thanks

Mark.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Getting a b2 visa with a spent conviction

I was sorting all my forms out today, and I've only gone and blooming ripped my certificate of conviction up from the court, thinking it was an extra copy that I had but it was the original as I remembered that I hadn't photocopied it yet!!!!!!!!

Can I go to the interview with just my ACRO report with my conviction listed on it? Or do I have to take the court certificate aswel. I can't believe how stupid I am

Thanks

Mark.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question. Do i need to fill out a VCU-1 form? or is that just for when your ACRO report comes back as no trace/no live trace?

Thanks

Mark.
AFAIK, you will need to complete the VCU-1 form.

I was sorting all my forms out today, and I've only gone and blooming ripped my certificate of conviction up from the court, thinking it was an extra copy that I had but it was the original as I remembered that I hadn't photocopied it yet!!!!!!!!

Can I go to the interview with just my ACRO report with my conviction listed on it? Or do I have to take the court certificate aswel. I can't believe how stupid I am

Thanks

Mark.
If the ACPO certificate has your conviction fully listed, you don't really need the court certificate.
Old Oct 10th 2013, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, I thought if better do the VCU-1 even if they don't need it, I'd rather had done it than to come away and have to make another appointment just because I didn't spend that extra 5 minutes filling out the form.

Oh, that's alright then, id look a right idiot if I went back for another one lol

Thanks for the reply

Mark.

Last edited by ireallywannago; Oct 10th 2013 at 7:48 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, I've read in online about doing a sworn statement? What and how do I do one of these, I have had a look online but it's all a bit vague. So I'm not sure if I need to do one to take with me to my interview?

Thanks

Mark.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, I've read in online about doing a sworn statement? What and how do I do one of these, I have had a look online but it's all a bit vague. So I'm not sure if I need to do one to take with me to my interview?

Thanks

Mark.
Why do you need a sworn statement?
Old Oct 12th 2013, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

I'm wasnt quite sure if I needed one. Was looking online and some we're saying that they had done a sworn statement, so I was panicking, thinking that I hadn't done one to take with me, and they would ask for it on the day.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

I'm wasnt quite sure if I needed one. Was looking online and some we're saying that they had done a sworn statement, so I was panicking, thinking that I hadn't done one to take with me, and they would ask for it on the day.
You've said earlier in the thread that your ACPO certificate had all your offences listed on it. So you didn't need the certificate of conviction from the court and neither do you need to document the offending in a sworn statement either, if that's what you thought you needed to do. Or was there something else you wanted to declare to the Embassy "officially"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.