German Police Certificate

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Sunjewel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question German Police Certificate

Hi all, Can anyone help - We have our German Police Certificates and need to send to NVC with translation - do we need a to get a copy of Certificate but in English or do we just have the Certificate name and the result translated and signed??? � Thanks..�
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 12:57 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: German Police Certificate

anyone can translate. it needs this "magic language "

This is the magic language:

"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on [date] by [signature]."

(shout out to ian-mtsm, I stole this from one of his old posts)
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Sunjewel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.. We were looking to translate ourselves and then get it checked..
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunjewel
Thank you.. We were looking to translate ourselves and then get it checked..
If you are competent to translate, it doesn't need to be checked. If you believe it needs to be checked, then I submit you're not competent to translate.

Ian - waving @ Zoe Bell.

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jun 22nd 2017 at 10:11 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

samills610 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell

"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on [date] by [signature]."

Rather than starting a fresh I thought I would follow up as I'm currently looking at translation options. I have German friends who could translate for me, however...
  • Where would they write the above magic language? On the translation itself or on a separate cover letter?
  • Would they need to copy the certificate format exactly as it is - with address and other template text in the right places?
  • Do they not require any form of company certification stamp on the translation? I have seen a few translation companies offer this at a price and don't want to miss this if it is something that is required?

Many thanks in advance
Old Aug 30th 2018, 2:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

1. At the end of the translation.
2. As closely as possible, yes.
3. No stamp needed, that's what the magic language is for.

Rene
Old Aug 30th 2018, 2:08 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

The certificate should be translated in the exact same layout as the original.

The translator’s statement should be on a separate piece of paper attached to it with a paper clip.

I translated my own German police certificate, such as it is - it’s basically one line and the rest is all the addresses and job titles of various people who issued it and even the opening hours of their lines, including their lunch breaks.

I was a qualified translator before I switched careers and I would always stamp my translations, why ever not? But if it doesn’t have a stamp it’s not a problem.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the "magic" language had to be something like this:

"I certify that I am fluent in German and English and the above is an accurate translation of the attached xxx"

That's what we did for my wife's Spanish birth certificate when she was applying for her visa. But that was more than 10 years ago, so things may have changed.

- Eric S.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Wh431 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell

i translaed mine myself and had a friend living in germany check & sign it. Just make sure you keep the format and wording looking similiar to the German one.

Its simple to do and will get accepted without any issues. Viel Erfolg!
Old Aug 30th 2018, 9:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric S
I thought the "magic" language had to be something like this:

"I certify that I am fluent in German and English and the above is an accurate translation of the attached xxx"

That's what we did for my wife's Spanish birth certificate when she was applying for her visa. But that was more than 10 years ago, so things may have changed.

- Eric S.
Yes, that makes more sense for a translation, and come to think of it, that's what I wrote when I translated my husband docs).

Rene