GC Process. Attorney very slow?

Old Jan 19th 2018, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GC Process. Attorney very slow?

Originally Posted by Phyzz
For my case it was advertised in local press and also some online sites (briefly).
AFAIK it will need to comply with the requirements of the application, but also the company may try to keep it as subtle as possible. The last thing that they will want will be a huge number of applicants as this will slow down the review and limit the chances of success.

I think it may be a little odd that the attorney is handling it. In my case they gave the company the guidance, but my HR was responsible to placing the ads.

To give you an idea on timing, my PERM was started in January 2017. I have just completed my interview and received notice of approval. So 12 months, with no issues or RFEs.
Thanks for the info! 12 months is reassuring. My PERM started in June 2017. I would be over the moon if it was completed by June this year.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 5:11 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Your attorney isn't slow. The process is slow. There are many increments to the GC process from employment and it does not happen overnight or in a month or three. It is what it is. Hard to let others have control but you can't do anything but sit back and wait. Others here have waited up to two years for the adjudication of the process. You are just starting.
Well said. I would add that adage of "your mileage may vary" is quite applicable to these cases.

Also, a certain amount of luck can apply. Two identical cases will be adjudicated by two different people - one sales through smoothly by officer "A" while the other is referred by officer "B" for audit.

A person should have interest in their own case and follow it's progress. That said, there is a line between awareness and being a PIA and/or a backseat driver.

Would also note that the immigration bar has noted a general increase in hard-assed examinations and adjudications.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 5:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Would also note that the immigration bar has noted a general increase in hard-assed examinations and adjudications.
As it should be. For far too long it has been that there are no qualified Americans to take the position. While I'm sure that is the case quite often, I'm also sure that there are too many cases where this is completely untrue and green cards are sought by an employer in order to enhance a job offer to a prospective foreign employee. The pendulum is swinging and, of course, will swing too far over before it settles to an even motion.
Old Jan 19th 2018, 10:10 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
As it should be. For far too long it has been that there are no qualified Americans to take the position. While I'm sure that is the case quite often, I'm also sure that there are too many cases where this is completely untrue and green cards are sought by an employer in order to enhance a job offer to a prospective foreign employee. The pendulum is swinging and, of course, will swing too far over before it settles to an even motion.
The system of a preliminary labor certificate for individual job offers with a test of the job market has been in place for 40 years. The procedural details have varied a lot over the years, but the requirement of a bona fide job offer for qualified and available US workers has been a constant.

This inherent conflict has struck me as on the absurd side all this time.

I think that OP would be surprised to know that the process exists to block his path to a green card. I wish there was a more honest way to do it, but it ain't going to happen. The tension is now indelibly baked into the system.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
Thanks for the info! 12 months is reassuring. My PERM started in June 2017. I would be over the moon if it was completed by June this year.
Sorry, it seemed quick so I rechecked my dates. My PERM application was filed in January. All of the ads etc were completed towards the end of 2016.

Start to finish for me was approx 2 years. Starting with reviewing options, investigating EB1 opportunities before starting an EB2 application.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I think that OP would be surprised to know that the process exists to block his path to a green card. I wish there was a more honest way to do it, but it ain't going to happen. The tension is now indelibly baked into the system.
Other on this thread havent had any issues, and it was recent. Why would it be different for me?
Old Jan 20th 2018, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, it seemed quick so I rechecked my dates. My PERM application was filed in January. All of the ads etc were completed towards the end of 2016.

Start to finish for me was approx 2 years. Starting with reviewing options, investigating EB1 opportunities before starting an EB2 application.
Thats not too bad- I am expecting around another year at least so fingers crossed.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 4:10 am
Banned

expatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond reputeexpatdoc has a reputation beyond repute

For my case it was advertised in local press and also some online sites (briefly).
AFAIK it will need to comply with the requirements of the application, but also the company may try to keep it as subtle as possible. The last thing that they will want will be a huge number of applicants as this will slow down the review and limit the chances of success.

I think it may be a little odd that the attorney is handling it. In my case they gave the company the guidance, but my HR was responsible to placing the ads.

To give you an idea on timing, my PERM was started in January 2017. I have just completed my interview and received notice of approval. So 12 months, with no issues or RFEs.

Is that 12 months from starting PERM to Green card or I140 approval? if green card that is soo soo fast!
Old Jan 21st 2018, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by expatdoc
Is that 12 months from starting PERM to Green card or I140 approval? if green card that is soo soo fast!
see post #20 for clarification
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatdoc
This was from receipt of the PERM application.
I have posted my full timeline to a new thread.