Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Fragomen - Any experiences to share

Fragomen - Any experiences to share

Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

petepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fragomen - Any experiences to share

Hi,

My company, a US-based IT research and advisory service, are currently helping me with an intra-company transfer to one of their (very large) branch offices in Florida. I have signed offer letters and other pieces of paper, and have been told that I have been appointed Fragomen as the Immigration Consultants.

Right now, I am not sure what visa I will be put forward for, but I can't imagine why it would be nothing other than an L1-B, as I am specialized-knowledge worker. I have been with the company in the UK for three years, and my role involves helping Chief Information Officers from the world's largest companies and private sector organisations, to reach digital maturity (amongst other things), using my company's proprietary research methodologies, analysts and toolkits. I co-ordinate all resources internally to ensure that my clients reach their goals. We have a LOT of internal processes to ensure that this happens.

I am already getting apprehensive about whether my role is 'specialized' enough to warrant an L-1B, but I do have a very complex job, to the point where the US-based arm have offered me a position with added expense, because they can't source it locally.

Has anybody dealt with Fragomen? I have heard that they are very good, but I just my mind to be put at ease slightly. I am hearing horror stories about L-1Bs being denied now that Trumps minions are examining everything with a fine toothed comb.

All opinions (Fragomen or otherwise) greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fragomen - Any experiences to share

We used them in our recent move over the summer and have no complaints. I didn't deal with them directly however my husband did and seemed happy enough.
I guess people's experience with differ based on the complexity of each case and their outcome however they are a large reputable firm who most importantly specialize in immigration.
Hope all goes well with your application.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 3:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

His name was introduced/recommended to the group by an associate/friend of his long ago. There have been some good and poor reviews of the firm's work over the years. But then again, that could be said of most law firms.

Do a google search for the law firm to see what is being said about the firm.

Last edited by Rete; Nov 6th 2017 at 3:42 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

petepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both. Fingers crossed.

Also, googled already but I couldn't find a lot of reviews or feedback.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the Yelp review ... scroll down to the Community Review

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fragomen-de...-san-francisco

Remember this is about the firm and not the attorney himself.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 5:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My husband’s company used Fragomen for our L1a plus accompanying spouse and child visas...they also handled our green card and US citizenship applications. During the GC process my FIL was taken into intensive care in the UK. We needed consent to leave and enter the US. Due to the limited amount of people allowed into the USCIS office per day...many people queued overnight. A Fragomen representative queued overnight...secured the paperwork we needed and met us at Newark Airport.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Here is the Yelp review ... scroll down to the Community Review

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fragomen-de...-san-francisco

Remember this is about the firm and not the attorney himself.
Thanks. I guess all should be taken with a pinch of salt, as you say
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My husband’s company used Fragomen for our L1a plus accompanying spouse and child visas...they also handled our green card and US citizenship applications. During the GC process my FIL was taken into intensive care in the UK. We needed consent to leave and enter the US. Due to the limited amount of people allowed into the USCIS office per day...many people queued overnight. A Fragomen representative queued overnight...secured the paperwork we needed and met us at Newark Airport.
Wow. That certainly does sound like they went above and beyond for you. Great to hear.

I hope the situation with the Father in Law went as well as could be expected.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petepete99
Wow. That certainly does sound like they went above and beyond for you. Great to hear.

I hope the situation with the Father in Law went as well as could be expected.
It did...thank you. I should add my experience with them was 10/20 years ago. I suppose if they were being well paid and my husband’s company puts a large amount of work their way...they would offer good service.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 8:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

One of the big hitters. Generally very professional in my experience.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Fragomen handled my original E3 visa. No issues at all with them, if anything they went a little overboard with the requirements (despite countless new visas I've never needed the degree equivalency they arranged, although it's hard to says it wan't a good move to arrange it).

They are used by many large multinational companies, which in itself is somewhat of a recommendation.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all. Reassuring, to say the least.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 12:45 pm
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute

My other half worked for Fragomen (mainly for IBM)...has friends who still work for them who are excellent. I'm sure you'll be in good hands.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 8th 2017 at 1:04 pm. Reason: Advertising...you have been warned before about this!!
Old Nov 8th 2017, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kateinbrooklyn
My other half worked for Fragomen (mainly for IBM)...has friends who still work for them who are excellent. I'm sure you'll be in good hands.
Awesome! I've yet to hear from them but have been told I will do by end of the week.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 12:03 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

We too had our visas (L1-A and L2s) arranged by Fragomen when we relocated to the USA from Singapore. My spouse works for a well known multi-national company.

There were absolutely no issues. They also assisted with the renewals of our visas and then our green cards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.