Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Form i797 - have I been too hasty to book appointment?

Form i797 - have I been too hasty to book appointment?

Old Jun 29th 2017, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

HumbleByName is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form i797 - have I been too hasty to book appointment?

Hello everyone,

My blanket L1b has been approved! I'm so pleased. But now I'm having a slight wobble.

I found out on Tuesday night that the petition was approved. My current boss persuaded me to book my visa appointment ASAP as she has my replacement lined up and can't offer the job until I'm guaranteed to be leaving. So, in excitement, I booked the first appointment I could get in London: Monday!

Now, having reflected on it, I'm worried because I haven't received the i797. The attorneys will pass it on as soon as it arrives but what happens if that isn't before Monday? I have the petition approval receipt and all the other paperwork. Will the petition approval receipt reference be enough? Having googled the issue I am getting conflicting reports....

Any advice from the experts here?

Thank you all!
Old Jun 29th 2017, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form i797 - have I been too hasty to book appointment?

Originally Posted by HumbleByName
Will the petition approval receipt reference be enough?
There's only one way to find out... attend the interview. If you don't need it, great. If you do need it, issuing the visa will be delayed until you send it to them. Either way, not really a worry.

Ian
Old Jun 30th 2017, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There's only one way to find out... attend the interview. If you don't need it, great. If you do need it, issuing the visa will be delayed until you send it to them. Either way, not really a worry.

Ian
Thanks Ian, you're right! :-)
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:40 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

My attorneys specifically told me to wait until they fedex'd all my l1b documentation to me before i booked an appointment, part of that was the i797.

However, not to say yours may be a different case as Ian said.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jack8602
My attorneys specifically told me to wait until they fedex'd all my l1b documentation to me before i booked an appointment, part of that was the i797.

However, not to say yours may be a different case as Ian said.
Thanks jack8602. I'm really tempted to reschedule....but then maybe as Ian said I should just see what happens? Incredibly nervous!
Old Jun 30th 2017, 3:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HumbleByName
Thanks jack8602. I'm really tempted to reschedule....but then maybe as Ian said I should just see what happens? Incredibly nervous!
Follow Ian's advice.

Rene