Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

F3 immigrant Visa ...... Now wish to delay process??

F3 immigrant Visa ...... Now wish to delay process??

Old Feb 5th 2017, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

skyland235 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: F3 immigrant Visa ...... Now wish to delay process??

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, you are allowed to travel.

Rene
Thanks Rene - I raised this question as had seen conflicting views on this subject.
Old Feb 5th 2017, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyland235
I raised this question as had seen conflicting views on this subject.
Any conflicting views were made by idiots... because travel during the visa process has never been an issue.

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2017, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Just a quick interim Update..

We cancelled our Interview date in March and now have a new date May end - It will only be myself and wife attending the interview... Children = Follow to Join...as we they are not sure if they even want to go through this - so best option for us is to try and keep things 'open' until we are given an ultimatum to decide eitherway
Old Mar 14th 2017, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

It will only be myself and wife attending the interview...
It's good that you're moving forward on your end. Good luck.

... so best option for us is to try and keep things 'open' until we are given an ultimatum to decide eitherway
You're not likely to get an ultimatum to decide. US immigration doesn't care whether or not the children follow through - and they're unlikely to send a reminder or even keep the case open. Worse case scenario: if they decide not to join you, you can petition for them again in the future.

Ian
Old Mar 15th 2017, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's good that you're moving forward on your end. Good luck.

You're not likely to get an ultimatum to decide. US immigration doesn't care whether or not the children follow through - and they're unlikely to send a reminder or even keep the case open. Worse case scenario: if they decide not to join you, you can petition for them again in the future.

Ian
Thanks Ian - That's true about perhaps petitioing for them later if necessary...
Old Mar 15th 2017, 6:50 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian - That's true about perhaps petitioing for them later if necessary...
As I mentioned in a prior post, the "FTJ" rules can be a tad unusual. You don't give enough in the way of facts to give any advice even if I was willing to do so. That said, I perceive various potential scenarios which I do not see covered in this discussion. A legal consultation as to determine options may very well be in order.
Old Mar 15th 2017, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
As I mentioned in a prior post, the "FTJ" rules can be a tad unusual. You don't give enough in the way of facts to give any advice even if I was willing to do so. That said, I perceive various potential scenarios which I do not see covered in this discussion. A legal consultation as to determine options may very well be in order.
Hi-thanks for the reply - for my children to be included aa a part of the current petition they would need to act within 12 months from March 10th... However, in case I have missed something I will get some advice.
From the research, I have carried out myself- the safest option could be for my children to act upon this within the said 12 months and then I guess apply for re-entry permits if required.
Old May 28th 2017, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,
Will update the forum fully after our interview.
We had the medical last Wednesday - All seemed OK - Didn't have our full vaccination history and so we were given the option of either going on an injection course for MMR or we could pay £75! Each to have our bloods further analysed to see if we were immune...In haste, i agree to the £75 each.. All came back Ok and we were both immune so no further vaccinations needed.

We have our Interview at the US Embassy on Wednesday morning- will update after this
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has guided/advised
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 4:49 am
yen
Just Joined

yen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Could someone please advise as to their experiences when trying to change the date given? E.g. was it agreed easily? Are we allowed to nominate say a month when the applicant is free to attend?
My F3 Visa Priority date is NOT yet current and I didn’t expect this interview date / arrange medical etc so soon – the date given to me by NVC is too soon and I am in no rush anyway ( as explained in my previous posts).
Is it really possible to be called for interview even pd is not current yet?
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 4:52 am
yen
Just Joined

My pd is May 2006 Philippines.waited 11 years under f1 but got married before pd became current.Will I be credited for the years I have waited? how many years do I have to wait still? I have a 10 year old daughter, Im scared that she might aged out before pd to be current.pls help.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 5:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yen
My pd is May 2006 Philippines.waited 11 years under f1 but got married before pd became current.Will I be credited for the years I have waited? how many years do I have to wait still? I have a 10 year old daughter, Im scared that she might aged out before pd to be current.pls help.
After marriage, you fall into another category. See the visa bulletin for details. Your PD remains the same.

Rene
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 5:55 am
yen
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
After marriage, you fall into another category. See the visa bulletin for details. Your PD remains the same.

Rene
so I have to wait for an additional 10 years again? not shorter?
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 8:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yen
Will I be credited for the years I have waited?
Yes, your PD does not change.

how many years do I have to wait still?
Had you remained single, your PD would now be current.

I have a 10 year old daughter, Im scared that she might aged out before pd to be current.
She might age out, yes - but there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

so I have to wait for an additional 10 years again?
Once you married you automatically moved from category F1 to category F3. According to the visa bulletin, category F3 for the Philippines is Feb. 15, 1995. It seems that you'll have to wait an additional 11 years before your PD becomes current. In reality, though, it'll probably be closer to 15-17 years because the backlog grows all the time... and you have no idea how many people are already in line ahead of you.

IanIan
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 9:20 am
yen
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes, your PD does not change.

Had you remained single, your PD would now be current.

She might age out, yes - but there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Once you married you automatically moved from category F1 to category F3. According to the visa bulletin, category F3 for the Philippines is Feb. 15, 1995. It seems that you'll have to wait an additional 11 years before your PD becomes current. In reality, though, it'll probably be closer to 15-17 years because the backlog grows all the time... and you have no idea how many people are already in line ahead of you.

IanIan
is that right? that is sad...so I jst wasted 10 years of waiting...an that dont even give any credits at all.sad....
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 9:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yen
is that right? that is sad...so I jst wasted 10 years of waiting...an that dont even give any credits at all.sad....
If you had known, would you have not gotten married? Your personal life should go on, regardless of immigration. You didn't waste 10 years, you lived your life, as you should have.

Give any credits? What does that mean? No credits are ever given when it comes to immigration. Its not liked you're starting over from the beginning, it's just that the new category has a longer waiting list than your original one. There's nothing anyone can do about that.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.