Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

F3 immigrant Visa ...... Now wish to delay process??

F3 immigrant Visa ...... Now wish to delay process??

Old Jan 9th 2017, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

skyland235 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default F3 immigrant Visa ...... Now wish to delay process??

Hello
Its ironic that after waiting almost 12 years and looking forward to the day our petition is approved and the fact that we are now so close to our files being transferred to the UK for interview at the US embassy...that we may now wish to delay the process for 2 of the derivatives under this petition!!
Family circumstances/ priorities may mean that i may have to purposely try and delay the progress for the 2 derivatives....
i know that we could simply all pay for medical and go onto to interviews etc etc and then get the Immigrant Visa but then it involves getting multiple re-entry permits on at least 2 occasions at a huge cumulative cost....
I am inquiring if there is a way to purposely delay progress until such time as they are ready to take the application forward.

We ( main applicant and spouse) will proceed as normal when our file is called but for the 2 derivatives we are now looking to slow things down.....
Hope this post makes sense....
Old Jan 9th 2017, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F3 immigrant Visa ...... Now wish to delay process??

Originally Posted by skyland235
I am inquiring if there is a way to purposely delay progress until such time as they are ready to take the application forward.
Yes - delay responding to any request. You can probably stretch it out for another year or so.

We ( main applicant and spouse) will proceed as normal when our file is called but for the 2 derivatives we are now looking to slow things down.....
I don't believe there's a way to slow it down for some of you but not all of you. AFAIK, it's an all-or-nothing scenario. You all slow down the processing or none of you do.

i know that we could simply all pay for medical and go onto to interviews etc etc and then get the Immigrant Visa but then it involves getting multiple re-entry permits on at least 2 occasions at a huge cumulative cost...
It's the cost of doing business! US immigration isn't like Burger King - you can't necessarily have it your way!

Ian
Old Jan 9th 2017, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply Ian....
Its just unfortunate that things change over time and now, despite the fact that we are so near, the original excitement/interest etc has diminished...
Old Jan 10th 2017, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply Ian....
Its just unfortunate that things change over time and now, despite the fact that we are so near, the original excitement/interest etc has diminished...
That's often the case, isn't it. Anticipation is always exciting when you are looking forward to a vacation, new job, whatever.

After all you have gone through with the age-out of one of your children and finding that she qualifies under CSPA to still claim a visa and now this.

As Ian pointed out, yes you can delay the process. Just don't let your daughter age-out. Wishing you and the family the best in making the decision to uproot yourselves and start fresh in the US. Not an easy decision especially if you are going to be leaving a young adult behind.

Last edited by Rete; Jan 10th 2017 at 1:16 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
That's often the case, isn't it. Anticipation is always exciting when you are looking forward to a vacation, new job, whatever.

After all you have gone through with the age-out of one of your children and finding that she qualifies under CSPA to still claim a visa and now this.

As Ian pointed out, yes you can delay the process. Just don't let your daughter age-out. Wishing you and the family the best in making the decision to uproot yourselves and start fresh in the US. Not an easy decision especially if you are going to be leaving a young adult behind.
Hi- You have summed things up brilliantly - the decision is now a little tricky but we aim to have another good think about it - I will do my best to 'naturally' delay matters until such time that we are given an ultimatum.
i will keep the forum updated as to what we end up doing.
Thanks again to all those contributors who have advised in the past
Old Jan 17th 2017, 3:07 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to consult with experienced immigration counsel.

The rules on "FTJ" are somewhat different and you may like the answer you get.

Also, it is not unknown for the derivative to immigrate with the family [especially if "age out" is impending] and then return to the home country to complete the temporary reason for the return. The venerable case discussing this is Matter of Huang. Again, I recommend that legal consultation is in order.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

hi all
i have an update on this but if Ok i will open a new thread as i need to ask another question - thanks
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Please ask your question here, as its all the same topic and we can read your history here.

Thank you,
Rene
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Please ask your question here, as its all the same topic and we can read your history here.

Thank you,
Rene
sure- not a problem - i'll repost here
Old Feb 4th 2017, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Hello
Could someone please advise as to their experiences when trying to change the date given? E.g. was it agreed easily? Are we allowed to nominate say a month when the applicant is free to attend?
My F3 Visa Priority date is NOT yet current and I didn’t expect this interview date / arrange medical etc so soon – the date given to me by NVC is too soon and I am in no rush anyway ( as explained in my previous posts).
Old Feb 4th 2017, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Could someone please advise as to their experiences when trying to change the date given? E.g. was it agreed easily? Are we allowed to nominate say a month when the applicant is free to attend?
Changing dates is not a negotiation. If you want to delay you have two options: 1) fail to respond in a timely manner and your file will stay where it is until you do respond (you have about a year before your file is summarily closed as abandoned), or 2) you tell them you want to delay and your file will get put on a shelf. When you're ready to get moving again, you let them know and your file will get tossed back onto the pile. You, not them, control what happens. US immigration has no interest whatsoever in whether or not you ever complete the process.

I suppose there's a 3rd option... let the kids decide for themselves what they want to do - and if they choose to stay, leave them.

If it was me, I'd consider the overall long-term benefit as opposed to the financial burden. I understand that completing the process without a delay will be expensive... but, as before, US immigration isn't like Burger King.

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2017, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again Ian- appreciate your forthright responses
I will update here as to what happens and i guess i will just have to see how it pans out. At the end of it all, if things don't turn out as i would have hoped then i guess it was just meant to be!!
I plan to contact the US Embassy on Monday and will find out if this date of March 10th can be cancelled and rescheduled for later this year.
Old Feb 4th 2017, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

I plan to contact the US Embassy on Monday and will find out if this date of March 10th can be cancelled and rescheduled for later this year.
You're not likely to ever speak to anyone with the authority to alter your current interview date. I'm pretty sure there's an online site to do that... in fact, try this.

Ian
Old Feb 5th 2017, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again- Yes, I looked at this but it does not recognise our case number - on further research this could be because it takes a 'few' days after receiving notification for systems to be updated.

On a different note - we had booked a 12-day holiday to the US to see parents- this was booked back in August (08/08/16) with ESTAs etc all in place.... Is this now going to be a problem? Are we allowed to travel out to the US whilst our application is pending? Thanks
Old Feb 5th 2017, 9:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you are allowed to travel.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.