F1 visa renewal

Old May 7th 2012, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Don Shikari is an unknown quantity at this point
Default F1 visa renewal

Hello everyone. I don't know if there is a definite answer for this question but we will see. Im on a f1 visa in America, I am from England. I have just finished my 3rd year of college and enrolled to start my last year in the fall. Due to a mistake by my first college my visa attached to my passport expirerd may 2010. I was planning a visit home this summer as I haven't been home since 2009. With my visa expirerd I know I will have to apply for a renewal. My questions are: how long is the process, I only planned to be home for 2weeks and what documentation do you need to provide, I'm mostly worried about the financial stuff as I don't come from a wealthy family and the amount my school put on the I-20 for this past yr was a struggle to prove and I know of they want me to prove the same for the last year I will not be able to do so. I'm afraid I will go home and be denied.

What are your thoughts. Thanks
Old May 7th 2012, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: F1 visa renewal

You need the money to do the course anyway, so is it significant?
Old May 7th 2012, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Don Shikari is an unknown quantity at this point

I should have mentioned I have a full ride so my school is paid for, I live off campus, and with the 8 hours a week I work on campus, the money my girlfriend earns working and the support of her family we get by on a month to month basis. To provide proof for the 1-20 and the embassy it has to be the whole amount up front in one massive lump sum. That is the issue.
Old May 8th 2012, 1:43 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don Shikari
I was planning a visit home this summer
Be careful. The Olympics may delay visa issuance in London this summer.