Work or Business Visa ?

Old May 8th 2012, 9:32 am
Just Joined

TwinkleToes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work or Business Visa ?

I travel to the US California in particular a few times a year, I have recently come back from a trip seeing my favourite live bands and friend and in the process was given a 'job offer' to think about.

Since I was travelling on a visa waiver I was unable to take any steps with regards to this but since being back on UK soil I have now spoken with the company in mind where the job offer still stands.

The job in question is a unique position in a media company that utilizes my varied skill-set in IT, Media and Music to help grow the company.

It is a young company that are initially offering a commission only based position whilst the company expands.

Alternatively I could invest in the company and take drawings equivalent to the commission until the company grows.

I also own a film production company in the UK, would there be any merit in linking the two companies ?

As an IT professional I earn a regular income on a consultancy basis as well as income from property.

Which visa is best suited to my circumstances ?
Old May 8th 2012, 9:37 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work or Business Visa ?

Originally Posted by TwinkleToes
Which visa is best suited to my circumstances ?
It sounds as though several visas might fit... do some research on L-1, O-1, E-2, and H-1B visas. Each has different requirements. Research first... then ask questions!

Ian
Old May 8th 2012, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work or Business Visa ?

Which one are they offering?