Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

f1 visa overstay and denied entry. HELP/ADVICE NEEDED

f1 visa overstay and denied entry. HELP/ADVICE NEEDED

Old Apr 23rd 2017, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: f1 visa overstay and denied entry. HELP/ADVICE NEEDED

I would be prepared to explain what you were doing for 7 months.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 2:16 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you overstayed by even one day you can never use the VWP again.
Being out of status as an F-1, by itself doesn't make one ineligible for VWP. I do agree that a VWP overstay or a nonimmigrant visa overstay (due to 222(g)) would.

Last edited by crg; Apr 23rd 2017 at 2:23 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 2:23 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrakis
yes im going for a new f1 visa. They stamped a big CANCELLED on my current visa and i was told to apply for a new one. I have seen an attorney but he said it will takes months to get a hold of my case. i will definitely be looking for his posts on here because i need as much advice as possible going in for this interview.
In general, a VWP refusal can be overcome with a simple visa application so I'm not sure what the attorney will do during these months except sending you bills. The case itself should be evident. You should have received a copy of the sworn statement and the consulate should have received a copy of the relevant documents. Hopefully you weren't deceptive at the border during the attempt to use the VWP.

I don't see anything that would make you ineligible for another F-1. You would need accepted by the school, have a valid SEVIS I-20, an I-901 SEVIS fee receipt (may have to pay again due to break in study), proof you can pay the tuition/room/board, a visa application, and be able to prove to the consular officer that you will not violate the immigration laws again in the future. Remaining for 7 months is bad, attempting to enter again using a tourist program to do it some more is bad, but both can be overcome by a visa application at the discretion of the consular officer.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

sandrakis is an unknown quantity at this point

i was taking care of my dad and also took some online classes. i have his medical records and some of the classes i took
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

THANK YOU! my interview is on friday and i am super nervous but ill give an update on here how it went
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Your dad is in the US?
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:54 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Your dad is in the US?
Maybe he is illegal undocumented?
Old Apr 24th 2017, 2:46 am
Account Closed

Hmmmm

I sort of assumed not but there is obviously more to the story.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:40 pm
crg
American Expat

i was taking care of my dad and also took some online classes. i have his medical records and some of the classes i took
Did you take the classes with the approved school? If not, was it a public school? What is your dad's status, and were the bills paid? Was public money/subsidy used for either the medical or education expenses?
Old Apr 24th 2017, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

no he is back home in the UK. he has finished all his treatments
Old Apr 24th 2017, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

No i took programming classes on a website i found online. my dad is back home in England and he paid all his bills out of pocket/cash. All my tuition has been paid out of pocket.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

What was he doing in the US? Sounds pretty serious to be sick that long.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

yes it was very serious. he had a heart attack and needed a quadruple bypass surgery and then shingles and then a spine infection from the shingles procedure. but he is much better now. it was a very tough period but i'm glad its all done now.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 10:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

yes it was very serious. he had a heart attack and needed a quadruple bypass surgery and then shingles and then a spine infection from the shingles procedure. but he is much better now. it was a very tough period but i'm glad its all done now.
Your father paid for quadruple bypass surgery and treatment for a spinal infection "out of pocket"?

I wish I had pockets that big!
Old Apr 28th 2017, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

britishgaaal is an unknown quantity at this point

pls let me know how your experience went

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.