Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

f1 visa DENIED under section 214b due to overstay. HELP NEEDED for second interview

f1 visa DENIED under section 214b due to overstay. HELP NEEDED for second interview

Old Apr 28th 2017, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

britishgaaal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default f1 visa DENIED under section 214b due to overstay. HELP NEEDED for second interview

i was an f-1 student taking classes at the university of houston but fell out of status when my brother came to visit and got in a serious car accident. this affected me and deterred me from my studies. i ended up stayind an extra 6 months without taking classes. i left the US and returned under the VWP but was denied entry and sent back to the UK. i applied for a new f1 VISA but was rejected under section 214b. the interview literally lasted 5 mins. i am applying for another interview and wanted to know what i cant do to avoid getting rejected a second time? PLS HELP!!
Old Apr 28th 2017, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: f1 visa DENIED under section 214b due to overstay. HELP NEEDED for second intervi

When did you "fall out of status"? Recently?
Old Apr 28th 2017, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

britishgaaal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: f1 visa DENIED under section 214b due to overstay. HELP NEEDED for second intervi

i fell out of status in june. but remained in the us till december before leaving to back to the uk
Old Apr 28th 2017, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

sandrakis is an unknown quantity at this point

i am in the same exact situation as you. but had to move my interview because my transcripts havent arrived.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

So you dropped out in June 2016.... remained in the US until Dec 2016 .... applied for another F1 between Jan and April 2017 and got refused.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

From what I have read (from this forum and others), applying so soon after getting a denial under 214b (home times) comes across as possibly desperate and might make them question your intent.

Unless your circumstances have changed dramatically that you can prove ties to home country since you last attended the interview and was denied, it'll be very tough, and the outcome will most likely stay the same. Especially after a very recent overstay.

That is from my own research and what I have noticed. I may be incorrect, so I'm sure one of the more experienced members will correct me if I am wrong.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Maste
From what I have read (from this forum and others), applying so soon after getting a denial under 214b (home times) comes across as possibly desperate and might make them question your intent.

Unless your circumstances have changed dramatically that you can prove ties to home country since you last attended the interview and was denied, it'll be very tough, and the outcome will most likely stay the same. Especially after a very recent overstay.

That is from my own research and what I have noticed. I may be incorrect, so I'm sure one of the more experienced members will correct me if I am wrong.
Agree...... with such a recent refusal, unless the OP's situation has changed considerably to overcome the refusal reasons, she is likely to fail again.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishgaaal
i left the US...
With respect - this is where you went wrong.

i am applying for another interview...
Not a good idea... at least, not for another year or so.

... and wanted to know what i cant do to avoid getting rejected a second time?
There is probably nothing you can do. The more often you apply, the more desperate you look... and that just makes it easier for them to deny your visa.

Ian