F1 visa

Old Apr 23rd 2017, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 visa

Originally Posted by Anrev
We parked in the Bayswater Road eurocar park and had a nice early morning walk through Hyde Park
I've found parking for £12 for the whole day through a parking app, I feel that's a good deal for London and it's a 10 minute walk from the embassy!

As my appointment is at 8:30am, I won't be doing much beforehand. I might take a walk about if my interview finishes briefly and I'm successful, just to savour the moment!
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute

Just to chime in here. My appointment was 0830. I was there at 0645 (I had gotten off the overnight train) and the line had already started. The line splits in to two and people walk the line to help you with anything.

When you get in you'll come to a desk and directed to the left and up the steps. Sit in this room and listen for your number. You'll go to a desk next to the seated area and hand over basic documents like the receipt. You'll sit back down and be called for interview thereafter.

My honest opinion? Don't say anything about the girlfriend. You will be asked why you are going to the US (to study), what school, how long for and maybe what city you'll be living in. I had a file full of documents and wasn't asked for a single thing.

I would liken the interview to going in to a bank and trying to pass their security questions. It really isn't a big deal!
Old Apr 24th 2017, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Got accepted for the visa!

My CEAC status is 'Administrative Processing', which I'm assuming isn't the 'bad' one I was hearing about from people all the time.

I was in and out in 45 minutes, feel that's a record with the London US Embassy! The woman asked me just 3 questions, what I was studying, what my previous visa was for, and if I'd ever been in trouble with the police. She just then said that's it, your visa is approved and you'll get it in around 7 days. Not a single document requested!

So happy though! Just hoping the Administrative Processing is fine and not the bad, but barring any bumps in the road, I can now go about booking my flight!
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Anrev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hooray - well done.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hooray - well done.
Thank you! Feeling so happy and relaxed now! Can start planning! Will feel a lot better when the passport and visa are in my hand by the end of next week, hopefully.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Apr 24th 2017, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
G... but barring any bumps in the road, I can now go about booking my flight!
I strongly suggest you don't do this until you have your passport and visa in hand.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2017, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I strongly suggest you don't do this until you have your passport and visa in hand.

Ian
Noted. I'll wait. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long and there are no problems.
Old Apr 26th 2017, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Checked today. Visa has gone from Administrative Processing to Issued. So I might have my passport by the end of this week!

Hopefully that is the case, I can get a one way flight booked for 300!
Old Apr 26th 2017, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I can get a one way flight booked for 300!
It's likely that a round-trip ticket will cost less... though, perhaps not.

Ian
Old Apr 26th 2017, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's likely that a round-trip ticket will cost less... though, perhaps not.

Ian
Unlikely, I'm paying £50 + air taxes for this, as I'm using points built up from credit cards!

Just had email from the delivery courier. It's arriving tomorrow.

All my worrying for nothing! I cannot wait to book the flights and officially countdown.
Old Apr 27th 2017, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Anrev is an unknown quantity at this point

Always nice to hear a happy ending!
Old Apr 27th 2017, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always nice to hear a happy ending!
Thank you!

Passport with visa arrived today. Booked my flights. Very impressive fast turn around.

Now the countdown is officially on.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

Passport with visa arrived today. Booked my flights. Very impressive fast turn around.

Now the countdown is officially on.
Congrats, safe travels & good luck.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tom169
Congrats, safe travels & good luck.
Thank you very much. Very excited, just hope the time flies round!