F1 visa

Old Apr 20th 2017, 11:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 visa

Originally Posted by Maste
That's what I will be taking, not whatever a I-134 form is!
If, at some point in the future, you and your USC girlfriend decide to get married... you'll find out pretty quickly!

Ian
Old Apr 20th 2017, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If, at some point in the future, you and your USC girlfriend decide to get married... you'll find out pretty quickly!

Ian
Okay, cheers for that!

Feeling more prepared for Monday now, albeit still pretty nervous!
Old Apr 20th 2017, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

To double check, I've paid the SEVIS fee ($200) and the application fee ($160). Is this all fees? I'm worried I'll have forgotten something.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I've paid the SEVIS fee ($200) and the application fee ($160).
Were you asked to pay these fees? I'm guessing yes, you were.

Is this all fees?
Have you been asked to pay any other fees?

Ian
Old Apr 20th 2017, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Were you asked to pay these fees? I'm guessing yes, you were.

Have you been asked to pay any other fees?

Ian
Yes I was. Since posting that I managed to find out online that those were my only fees I was expected to pay!

I know don't have any, but the ties to home bit is really worrying me a great deal!

Only a few days to go now, and I'm very nervous! Fingers crossed it goes well and I get my visa in hand a week later

Thank you for all your help Ian.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know it's an interview, but I don't want to turn up in business suit etc.

I was thinking business casual (Chinos, shirt, jumper and shoes). Would that be fine?
Old Apr 21st 2017, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's an interview, but I don't want to turn up in business suit etc.

I was thinking business casual (Chinos, shirt, jumper and shoes). Would that be fine?
Yes, that would be absolutely fine -as would anything else that you felt comfortable wearing as long as it was clean, neat and tidy and didn't include anything with anti-US slogans all over it.

... and, yes, you should definitely wear shoes ...
Old Apr 21st 2017, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by md95065
Yes, that would be absolutely fine -as would anything else that you felt comfortable wearing as long as it was clean, neat and tidy and didn't include anything with anti-US slogans all over it.

... and, yes, you should definitely wear shoes ...
Cheers! I thought I'd mention shoes, you never know what kind of people would turn up without that

Weekend plan? Check docs. Double check docs. Triple check docs. Worry, get nervous and try and relax!

Worse bit? I've got to get up at 3:45am to make the drive down!
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Anrev is an unknown quantity at this point

The main shock when we (my son and I) got to the Embassy at 8.30am was the amount of people already queuing! There were two gazebos where you had to line up for a pre-entry check before even getting in the building.
Questions asked were - how are you paying? (Parents). What do they do? My son took along my bank statement etc in case they asked for proof (they didn't). it was much easier than expected. Good Luck
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anrev
The main shock when we (my son and I) got to the Embassy at 8.30am was the amount of people already queuing! There were two gazebos where you had to line up for a pre-entry check before even getting in the building.
Questions asked were - how are you paying? (Parents). What do they do? My son took along my bank statement etc in case they asked for proof (they didn't). it was much easier than expected. Good Luck
Thanks for that.

Did your son go for an f1 visa too? And when did he go for that? Do you remember any other questions asked? Or was that literally all they had asked him?

I'm right in assuming phones and electric key fobs are now allowed inside? When I went in 2012 I had to leave them outside!
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:40 am
Account Closed

I'm right in assuming phones and electric key fobs are now allowed inside?
Yes.

When I went in 2012 I had to leave them outside!
It changed in February 2014.

Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes.

It changed in February 2014.

Ian
Brilliant! That takes one less thing out of the equation to worry about.

Definitely not ready for the 4:00am road trip Monday morning!
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely not ready for the 4:00am road trip Monday morning!
There are a number of hotels nearby in walking distance.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tom169
There are a number of hotels nearby in walking distance.
I did consider that, but with the prices of them, I figured it'd be a lot cheaper to drive down, pay the congestion, park. Being tired is a fair trade off for the money I'll save (for me!)
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Anrev is an unknown quantity at this point

We parked in the Bayswater Road eurocar park and had a nice early morning walk through Hyde Park

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.