Evidential citeria for a H Visa

Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Andybman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Evidential citeria for a H Visa

Yeah I guess the rain stops all play unlike here in the UK! I'm more than happy to have a short term visa say the summer and fall if I'm honest!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andybman
Do you know what criteria is needed for a j?
Is Google broken today?

Ian
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Is Google broken today?

Ian
Thanks Ian, and I did run a google search on a J visa but I did get much back from it. Also when people do help on here its written in English which is easier to understand.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian, and I did run a google search on a J visa but I did get much back from it. Also when people do help on here its written in English which is easier to understand.
That's probably because it is a "J-1 visa". If you Google that, without the "", you get a wealth of information on the first page of hits, including several US government web pages and a Wikipedia page.

J-1 visas cover a diverse range of occupations and circumstances, mostly of training, work experience, or cultural exchange type of activity. Just about the only common factor is that the J-1 visa is specifically and explicitly "temporary", and the J-1 visa holder must maintain a permanent home overseas and return to it at the end of the visa visit.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's for 12 to 18 months if I'm honest! That's why I thought the o visa was wrong advice fir me! I never quite understood why we were trying for on O!

Do you know what criteria is needed for a j?

Thanks for your reply!
The guys that I know definitely did not have O visa qualifications

All came over on the J-1 visa. All young - under 30's.

They had played in minor leagues or just local teams and SOME had coaching experience visa schools/colleges.

They came out on 3 to 6 months contracts with various organisations based in the UK (put soccer coaching in the US into Google and you'll come up with loads of company info). These companies sponsored said "coach"

They mainly worked in the US in local schools, summer camps and colleges.

Is your job being offered by an actual soccer club? This is a somewhat different situation. Probably the J-1 would not suffice? Then again an H2 visa might do it. An H-1 again, probably not.

As said the company needs to get a decent immigration lawyer.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The guys that I know definitely did not have O visa qualifications

All came over on the J-1 visa. All young - under 30's.

They had played in minor leagues or just local teams and SOME had coaching experience visa schools/colleges.

They came out on 3 to 6 months contracts with various organisations based in the UK (put soccer coaching in the US into Google and you'll come up with loads of company info). These companies sponsored said "coach"

They mainly worked in the US in local schools, summer camps and colleges.

Is your job being offered by an actual soccer club? This is a somewhat different situation. Probably the J-1 would not suffice? Then again an H2 visa might do it. An H-1 again, probably not.

As said the company needs to get a decent immigration lawyer.
That's great thank you for the reply. I think it boils down to getting a decent attorney and I afraid I failed at that with the one I have got as he has not represented me at all very well!

It is a club that gave offered me a job coaching their coaches and coaching a few teams too!

I think the j-1 or the h2b could be a great option but I fear that they have run out of the h2b visas already!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think the j-1 or the h2b could be a great option but I fear that they have run out of the h2b visas already!
Think you are referring to H1-b's - most of which are obtained by skilled high tech folks.

Read the following link re: H2-b visa

H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers | USCIS
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Angry Re: Evidential citeria for a H Visa

Think you are referring to H1-b's - most of which are obtained by skilled high tech folks.

That's great I'll have a read but worrying I think they have reached their cap for 2015!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

H-2Bs are also capped, and though they don't run out as quickly as the H-1's, they do run out.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
H-2Bs are also capped, and though they don't run out as quickly as the H-1's, they do run out.
Thank you! I'll try to find out if they gave any left!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try to find out if they gave any left!
There are none. See here. Your only hope for this year is if the US entity is cap-exempt.

Ian
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Next batch is in October.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There are none. See here. Your only hope for this year is if the US entity is cap-exempt.

Ian
Wow, who would have thought the US needed so many seasonal non agricultural workers.!

Mind you the National Parks pick up a few thousand. Nearly every worker I come across in the NP's- apart from senior Rangers - is from abroad.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 3:05 am

Wow, who would have thought the US needed so many seasonal non agricultural workers! .....
Hotels, resorts, and theme parks in Florida account for a large proportion of the seasonal non-agricultural visas.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

MY OH has an O-1 visa and he is in the soccer world. He played professionally in the UK and has coached internationally, set up numerous development programs and helped several young guys to get to positions within the MLS. PM me if you don't want list your achievements here and I'll pass to my OH and see what he thinks you're missing.

Our lawyer had never done a soccer O-1 before but due to three referrals that we gave her - she now has 4 successful O-1 petitions and about $40K better off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.