Evidential citeria for a H Visa

Old Apr 20th 2015, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Andybman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evidential citeria for a H Visa

Evening,
I wonder if you can help, I have recently applied for an O Visa to work as a Soccer Coach in America but been refused due to insufficient evidence.

Im looking at my options and so is my employer that im going to be working for.

I was wondering what the evidential criteria is for a seasonal H visa please?

Thanks in advance

Andy
Old Apr 20th 2015, 9:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evidential citeria for a H Visa

The best person to answer this would be your employer's immigration attorney. If they don't have one, they should consult with one.

I assume you had an immigration attorney help with your O visa application. Those are rarely done without an attorney's assistance. You could ask the same one you used for the O visa.

If you didn't use an attorney for the O visa, that's a good reason why it could have been denied. They know how to pour together a good package of evidence.

Rene
Old Apr 20th 2015, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andybman
I was wondering what the evidential criteria is for a seasonal H visa please?
It sounds as though you're after an H-2B visa. Google is working today.

I have recently applied for an O Visa to work as a Soccer Coach in America but been refused due to insufficient evidence.
That visa denial must be declared on every subsequent visa application... including the H-2B that you're considering.

Be aware that two back-to-back visa applications may appear to be somewhat "desperate"... and that is really the last thing you want the immigration officer thinking while evaluating your application.

Ian
Old Apr 20th 2015, 9:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Evening,
I wonder if you can help, I have recently applied for an O Visa to work as a Soccer Coach in America but been refused due to insufficient evidence. .....
Have you considered presenting more evidence, or retaining a (more experienced) lawyer to present your evidence in the most persuasive way? Unless you are substantially lacking any relevant experience I am not sure why you would not try to pull together a better package of evidence and resubmit your application.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Morning,
Thanks for your replies, I have considered the submitting more evidence which Is what my letter says that we received but examples given are... Please provide international won prizes I.e the Nobel peace prize for example. Firstly I just want to confirm I've never won the Nobel peace prize and to find a soccer related prize that I think they will except is a nightmare!

I have considered changing lawyers because my one knows nothing about soccer and the visa for me! I appear to be telling him what I think and he goes off and looks into it which should not be the case! He should be telling me what they need and then I give them it. So my confidence in the lawyer is zero if I'm honest!

The club that want to employ me have me a job as director of coaching and I'm just looking to achieve a working visa so I can go and work in NW Indy. I'm not desperate but it appears the O visa is way out of my league and it's for people like Steve Hawkins lol don't get me wrong I love and enjoy what I do and some say I'm very good at it but trying to evidence it is impossible.

Any help and or advice is much appreciated but I feel a little frustrated of firstly lack of leadership from my lawyer and secondly looking desperate to get a visa!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 6:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait. ..first you said your O visa was refused. But now it sounds like you simply received an RFE (request for further evidence). This does not mean your O Visa is denied or refused!

Rene
Old Apr 21st 2015, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Sorry if I didn't make it clear but it's a request for further info but upon reading the letter I didn't hit the mark in any area so i will need to submit evidence in all areas which I don't think I can do because the O visa looks for people who have won the Nobel peace prize which dud make me laugh!

My attorney knows nothing about soccer and in my eyes how to relate my experiences and qualifications to thus process!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if I didn't make it clear but it's a request for further info but upon reading the letter I didn't hit the mark in any area so i will need to submit evidence in all areas which I don't think I can do because the O visa looks for people who have won the Nobel peace prize which dud make me laugh!

My attorney knows nothing about soccer and in my eyes how to relate my experiences and qualifications to thus process!
The following threads may possibly give you some ideas.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...atents-854586/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...erview-833328/
Old Apr 21st 2015, 10:15 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Morning,
Thanks for your replies, I have considered the submitting more evidence which Is what my letter says that we received but examples given are... Please provide international won prizes I.e the Nobel peace prize for example. Firstly I just want to confirm I've never won the Nobel peace prize and to find a soccer related prize that I think they will except is a nightmare!

I have considered changing lawyers because my one knows nothing about soccer and the visa for me! I appear to be telling him what I think and he goes off and looks into it which should not be the case! He should be telling me what they need and then I give them it. So my confidence in the lawyer is zero if I'm honest!

The club that want to employ me have me a job as director of coaching and I'm just looking to achieve a working visa so I can go and work in NW Indy. I'm not desperate but it appears the O visa is way out of my league and it's for people like Steve Hawkins lol don't get me wrong I love and enjoy what I do and some say I'm very good at it but trying to evidence it is impossible.

Any help and or advice is much appreciated but I feel a little frustrated of firstly lack of leadership from my lawyer and secondly looking desperate to get a visa!
You need a better lawyer, seriously. .... One who is experienced in O-1 visa applications.

The published criteria appear daunting but in practice O-1's are being granted for people who fall a long way short of Nobel laureates and Oscar winners. There is thread running at the moment here on BE about an IT engineer who is working on getting an O-1 visa who doesn't even have a patent in his name.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Thank you everyone so much for your replies and help!

The O visa seems very scary if I'm honest! I'm wondering if I have had duff advice from my attorney on which visa I should be applying for. The deal is....

A soccer club in NW Indy has offered me a job to coach their coaches and train them in curriculums of soccer coaching. They also want me to cua j a couple of teams and manage the education of the club!
On this information would you say the O visa was the right visa to apply for?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help I find it most useful!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The O depends on your qualifications etc, if I googled your name would it come up with all your achievements from reputable sites?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone so much for your replies and help!

The O visa seems very scary if I'm honest! I'm wondering if I have had duff advice from my attorney on which visa I should be applying for. The deal is....

A soccer club in NW Indy has offered me a job to coach their coaches and train them in curriculums of soccer coaching. They also want me to cua j a couple of teams and manage the education of the club!
On this information would you say the O visa was the right visa to apply for?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help I find it most useful!
Is this job a permanent one or just seasonal?

All the football coaches I know from the UK have come for summer/autumn jobs on J1 visas.

O visas are for 'world class' positions
Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

It's for 12 to 18 months if I'm honest! That's why I thought the o visa was wrong advice fir me! I never quite understood why we were trying for on O!

Do you know what criteria is needed for a j?

Thanks for your reply!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, I wouldn't come up if you googled me!
Sorry I just noticed that response! Thank you!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

As others have said the usual options are short term. Seasonal.

Colorado for example shuts down in the winter, really weird how they will cancel games if it rains, never mind snows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.