Ermahgerd, EAD/AP Entry fun

Old Jan 1st 2018, 10:57 am
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ermahgerd, EAD/AP Entry fun

So - I've flown out of the US twice since getting my EAD/AP whilst my AOS finishes up.

First time on landing, i handed over the EAD/AP Card on immigration, which says 'Serves as i512' on the bottom.

First time the bloke was adamant i needed the papers to go with it. Of which i took 1 for the trip just in case - he then proceeded to ask why i didn't bring both papers (Didn't realise i'd even need to take both if i was entering on papers alone)

End up in a room waiting for them to process. Another guy says to me next time, just enter with the EAD/AP - no need for paperwork, and he keeps the 1 part of my AP Papers and lets me through.

Flew back in to the US yesterday, take just my EAD/AP Card - same thing. Straight back into waiting room again, asked if i had papers - said no, i got told last time to bring only this card. Eventually a 45 minute wait later i get let through.

Anyone else had this sort of experience on the EAD/AP Card? CBP don't seem to know wtf to do with it.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ermahgerd, EAD/AP Entry fun

Originally Posted by Jack8602
So - I've flown out of the US twice since getting my EAD/AP whilst my AOS finishes up.

First time on landing, i handed over the EAD/AP Card on immigration, which says 'Serves as i512' on the bottom.

First time the bloke was adamant i needed the papers to go with it. Of which i took 1 for the trip just in case - he then proceeded to ask why i didn't bring both papers (Didn't realise i'd even need to take both if i was entering on papers alone)

End up in a room waiting for them to process. Another guy says to me next time, just enter with the EAD/AP - no need for paperwork, and he keeps the 1 part of my AP Papers and lets me through.

Flew back in to the US yesterday, take just my EAD/AP Card - same thing. Straight back into waiting room again, asked if i had papers - said no, i got told last time to bring only this card. Eventually a 45 minute wait later i get let through.

Anyone else had this sort of experience on the EAD/AP Card? CBP don't seem to know wtf to do with it.
What papers? I-797 approval notices?
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I took my NOA from my I-485 and my NOA's from my EADand AP and had no issues at all in Denver.

My EAD is also in paper form, not the EAD/AP combo card.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 2:01 pm
i hate cabbage

Jack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond reputeJack8602 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neill
What papers? I-797 approval notices?
the I-512 paper form

Interesting Ben - I've had nothing but trouble.

Hopefully near the end of my AOS soon so hoping it's all behind me relatively soon
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 2:52 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

The combo card is relatively new. Also, in light of the volume of traffic handled by CBP at POE's not all that common.

Although, it was a PIA, OP was paroled in both times.

One moral- don't make tight connections for ongoing flights.