Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

End of April - is it wishfully thinking.

End of April - is it wishfully thinking.

Old Apr 13th 2015, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Joandripple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default End of April - is it wishfully thinking.

Hi Guys,

As you may all be aware, we had our Embassy Interview in London on 17th March and our visa was 'refused' pending our Medical reports from Knightbridge Doctors as my hubby had a mole that they were concerned about. We have been really lucky the speed of removal (of said mole) and the letter from the hospital with all the biopsy results etc and I am glad to say all is well. The Knightbridge Doctors sent out reports to the Embassy last Friday. So what I am hoping for is some feedback as to if anyone ones how long it may be for us to actually get our visas now.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the courier side of things if your interview was successful?

As most people can relate, it has taken such along time already etc etc. it is so frustrating as there does not seem to be any indication of timescale on the websites.

If anyone has anything positive to say that may be of interest pleas let me know.

Thanx. Xx
Old Apr 13th 2015, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of April - is it wishfully thinking.

Originally Posted by Joandripple
I am glad to say all is well.
Great - that's the most important thing!

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the courier side of things if your interview was successful?
Generally, it'll take a few days to connect the medical results with your case file, another few days before the officer looks at it, a few more days to make the visa and put it in your passport, and a few more days to get it back to the courier for delivery. I think you're looking at about 2 weeks start to finish... so likely before the end of April.

... it is so frustrating as there does not seem to be any indication of timescale on the websites.
I'm not sure how you could timescale such a random event... and if a timescale was posted, it's almost surely going to be wrong - which will be even more frustrating. Have faith that the universe will unfold as it should.

Ian
Old Apr 13th 2015, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Ian. I know...."how long is a piece of string" springs to mind. But all of what you said puts us in a better frame of mind.

Fingers crossed it's end of April.......we're so looking forward to making some proper divisions.

Jo
Old Apr 13th 2015, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

snotmaster1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was it a big mole?
Old Apr 13th 2015, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snotmaster1
Was it a big mole?
No it was not, but it was an irregular shape so I suspect that is caught the Drs eye. Anyway glad she pointed it out and it has been removed and treated.

Just gotta wait now.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

snotmaster1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was it easy to get removed? I might ask to get all mine removed just in case.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 10:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not go to such lengths. Just wait and see how your medical exam goes.

Rene
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that must have really sucked!!! What on earth goes through your mind after 9 months of jumping through hoops to have a medical refused because of a mole??
Good that it is sorted now and hope the visas aren't much longer.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Yep easy, he went to local GP who organised appointment at the dermatology Dept at our local NHS Hsp.

But if your moles are not irregular, bleeding or itchy or have not changed shaped then I would not worry. Our daughter has loads of moles and she was not asked do what my hubby had to!

In any case, if you do have to go down the same road as us, by law you have to been seen at the Hsp within three weeks Of Drs referral!

Good luck, when is your interview/ medical?
Old Apr 14th 2015, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Wow, that must have really sucked!!! What on earth goes through your mind after 9 months of jumping through hoops to have a medical refused because of a mole??
Good that it is sorted now and hope the visas aren't much longer.
Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2015, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

cheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joandripple
Thanks
I remember when I did my medical, the doc made a bit of a fuss over a mole too. Didn't get refused though.

I did nearly get refused because of my blood pressure though. I was a bit panicky and it took three attempts to get a good reading before the doctor was satisfied.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Good news, just checked on website and 3 out of 5 of our Visa status' have changed to 'Issued' - yay! Hope the other two show the same tomorrow!

Hopefully will be able to collect them from Courier Depot by the end of April as we'd hoped.

Last edited by Joandripple; Apr 16th 2015 at 8:53 pm.