EB3 Embassy Interview Questions

Old Jan 13th 2017, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Hirsty_78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EB3 Embassy Interview Questions

Hi everyone.

After receiving a job offer on an EB3 visa and I am at the stage where I have received my embassy appointment date - next month.

It has been a long journey but, fingers crossed, the end is in sight.

I'm pretty much prepared - medical booked, flights, accommodation, evidence (last bit, employer letter on its way), suit dusted off, etc.

The only thing I couldn't find is examples of EB3 embassy interview questions for my spouse and I. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB3 Embassy Interview Questions

Originally Posted by Hirsty_78
The only thing I couldn't find is examples of EB3 embassy interview questions for my spouse and I. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
There's no list of questions, if that's what you're after. You'll be asked about the business in general, what you do, what your role will be in the US... stuff like that. Nothing you shouldn't be able to answer. Your spouse will be getting a derivative visa... so be sure to bring a copy of your marriage certificate as well as both passports.

Ian
Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There's no list of questions, if that's what you're after. You'll be asked about the business in general, what you do, what your role will be in the US... stuff like that. Nothing you shouldn't be able to answer. Your spouse will be getting a derivative visa... so be sure to bring a copy of your marriage certificate as well as both passports.

Ian
Thank you for this.

One thing that confused me on some threads (not on this site) was that people mentioned a question "how long are you planning on staying?"
As we are essentially going for a green card and my employer really wants to grow the business with me as the "face", thus we did not have a leave date, we didn't think we needed one. Is this question going to come up? If so, how should we answer?

Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that confused me on some threads (not on this site) was that people mentioned a question "how long are you planning on staying?"
Did the question come up in reference to an EB-3 visa... or was the question related to some other visa? I'm guessing the latter rather than the former.

Is this question going to come up? If so, how should we answer?
I doubt the question will come up, but if it does - tell the truth: you plan to stay in the US permanently. IIRC, an EB-3 visa allows you to do exactly that.

Ian
Old Jan 13th 2017, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did the question come up in reference to an EB-3 visa... or was the question related to some other visa? I'm guessing the latter rather than the former.

I doubt the question will come up, but if it does - tell the truth: you plan to stay in the US permanently. IIRC, an EB-3 visa allows you to do exactly that.

Ian
Thank you, this has put some worries to bed.
Old Jan 15th 2017, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations for the interview!

I am currently going through the same EB3 application myself through a sponsoring employer, but it is still in the very early stages.

I was wondering how long the whole process took in your case. Are you already in the US on a working visa or do you live abroad?
Old Jan 15th 2017, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by adamas
Are you already in the US on a working visa or do you live abroad?
Did you not read his first post? His visa interview is next month.

Ian
Old Jan 15th 2017, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Congratulations for the interview!

I am currently going through the same EB3 application myself through a sponsoring employer, but it is still in the very early stages.

I was wondering how long the whole process took in your case. Are you already in the US on a working visa or do you live abroad?

Thank you!

The process has taken well over a year for me, however, my employer did attempt to do the whole process himself with no assistance from a lawyer or expert. In the end it would have saved the company money and me time by not cutting corners.

From what I've read it should take about 12 months (as long as you fast track).
Old Jan 16th 2017, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

The process has taken well over a year for me, however, my employer did attempt to do the whole process himself with no assistance from a lawyer or expert. In the end it would have saved the company money and me time by not cutting corners.

From what I've read it should take about 12 months (as long as you fast track).
If I may ask, in which field are you working? Does the year and more that you mentioned include the wage determination and PERM?

My sponsoring company's lawyer predicted about 12 months too for my application, however, according to the latest visa bulletins, it seems that for EB3 a backlog is accumulating and I am quite skeptical about such an optimistic prediction.

Besides, it may become a race against time for me if Trump decides to restrict immigration even for skilled workers...
Old Jan 16th 2017, 8:45 am
Just Joined

If I may ask, in which field are you working? Does the year and more that you mentioned include the wage determination and PERM?

My sponsoring company's lawyer predicted about 12 months too for my application, however, according to the latest visa bulletins, it seems that for EB3 a backlog is accumulating and I am quite skeptical about such an optimistic prediction.

Besides, it may become a race against time for me if Trump decides to restrict immigration even for skilled workers...
I am a Head Brewer. I do wish I had spent some evenings applying my knowledge to getting a university degree though - it may have sped things up.

The timescale I referred to does include the wage determination, PERM, DS-260, etc

The best thing to do is to get the ball rolling as soon as possible. That way the, by the time the visa bulletin is an issue you should be current. That is how it occurred for me anyway.