Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

EB1 Green Card Interview and financial docs

EB1 Green Card Interview and financial docs

Old Jan 7th 2018, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Dogparents is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EB1 Green Card Interview and financial docs

Hi All
Visa application has progressed to NVC so aware (fingers crossed re other post) that we will hopefully be allocated an interview slot in London in coming months. To date with our application we haven't submitted any financial information, and do not have a job offer with it as self petitioning. Attorney has advised just to take bank statements to London in case they are requested - her reference point being we would need to show amounts similar to poverty guidelines for a sponsor. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so were you asked for bank statements or any other financial information at interview?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Triz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EB1 Green Card Interview and financial docs

I don't think individual officers see many of these visas.

In regards to finance, our interviewer asked how much I earned currently –� and that was it. They looked a bit disappointed as I think they were expecting something very high for the visa category. I also provided proof of current income, letter from my business stating my continued employment but it wasn't really acknowledged in the interview.

He went away and said he would have to look into it further as he wasn't really familiar with the category but said it was probably in order and put us in administrative processing.

A few days later we saw our status switch to approved.

I think as long as your petition is approved, your medical is OK, you state you intention to continue in your field of endeavour, and you can prove you have enough funds to get your started/job offers – you should be fine.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Six years ago in my EB1A interview I don't recall taking bank statements. I didn't have a job offer either but had already submitted a business plan. The officer interviewing me appeared not to have ever seen my petition bundle before and most of the interview consisted of him flicking through it, firing random questions at me. At one point he disappeared for what appeared to be a very long time (probably 5 minutes but felt longer) but came back, asked a question or two more, and said we were approved.

Be prepared, take it if you can. Better than them asking for it then either delaying or declining your application because you don't have it.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Dogparents is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks both - that's been useful to read and probably fits with the lack of info online for this category specifically. Interview is end of March so will soon find out!