EB1(c)

Old Feb 4th 2013, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Dead8oy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EB1(c)

That's good to know BostonBrit. Did you go straight for the EB1 whilst outside the US?

I'll start pulling information together on my employees.

Thanks,
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dead8oy
That's good to know BostonBrit. Did you go straight for the EB1 whilst outside the US?

I'll start pulling information together on my employees.

Thanks,
H1B to EB1C inside the US
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: EB1(c)

Thanks BostonBrit, slightly different to my situation as I'm outside the US and applying for iv directly.

I also thought I'd post up an update on what's currently happening. I have a company appointed immigration attorney, and after an initial conversation we are having a planning discussion on Monday.

My company are planning to push this through quickly with priority processing if possible.

Watch this space for more updates.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:25 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Thanks BostonBrit, slightly different to my situation as I'm outside the US and applying for iv directly.

I also thought I'd post up an update on what's currently happening. I have a company appointed immigration attorney, and after an initial conversation we are having a planning discussion on Monday.

My company are planning to push this through quickly with priority processing if possible.

Watch this space for more updates.
No premium processing for EB-1c, was supposed to be available 12 months ago, but no further mention on it. http://www.uscis.gov/premiumprocessing
Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Hi BTJ,

No premium processing for EB-1c, was supposed to be available 12 months ago, but no further mention on it.
Yes I had read that also, but I've been told otherwise by my company. I'll keep you posted.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

BostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant futureBostonBrit Expat Since 03 has a brilliant future

Hi BTJ,

Yes I had read that also, but I've been told otherwise by my company. I'll keep you posted.
Correct, there is no PP for EB1C, only EB2, go on USCIS website and send this to them...because if they/you are banking on a decision in two weeks you could be in for a shock especially if you get a nasty RFE
Old Feb 16th 2013, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: EB1(c)

Thanks BostonBrit.

So after some interesting discussions with my company heads and my immigration attorney we now have a plan of action.

As my company is blanket approved for L1, the imigration attorney has reviewed everything and proposed that they file in the US for dual purpose L1-A imigrant visa, with change of status to green-card through the EB1c path.

This has started already and the L1-A should be in my passport by April. I will then enter the US in May using the L1-A and they will begin the status adjustment process which should complete later in the year, or early into next year (they estimate 6-9 months).

After the initial review they are very confident and have provided my company with good assurances of processing and success.

We are now gathering paperwork and documentation - thankfully I had a lot already collated, and are working towards the April consular interview for my following trip in May.

All positive feedback so far, now to await the results.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... and proposed that they file in the US for dual purpose L1-A imigrant visa, with change of status to green-card through the EB1c path.
First off, it's an L-1A, not an L1-A. Second, the L-1A is a non-immigrant visa, not an immigrant visa. Third, applying for a GC once you're in the US is an adjustment of status, not a change of status. Fourth, you don't adjust to a green card... you adjust to Permanent Resident. The card is merely proof of your status, it isn't the status itself.

At any rate, you have solid plan of action now, so good luck to you!

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Feb 16th 2013 at 1:30 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: EB1(c)

Haha thanks for the errata I guess the title 'sanctimonious prick' does exactly what it says on the tin. I've enjoyed reading your replies on other threads too Ian.

According to the attorney, filing the L1-A allows dual intent as an immigrant visa. Same with the GC elements. They're being paid the big bucks and as SMEs I'll trust what they say at this point.

As always I'll keep you all up to date as things develop.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 2:39 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

According to the attorney, filing the L1-A allows dual intent as an immigrant visa. Same with the GC elements. They're being paid the big bucks and as SMEs I'll trust what they say at this point.

Always remember that the lawyer represents the company's interests, not yours. Often they coincide, but sometimes they don't.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Very good point FatBrit.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

According to the attorney, filing the L1-A allows dual intent as an immigrant visa.
First, again, it is an L-1A visa and not an L1-A visa. Second, your attorney is correct, but all visas allow for "dual intent". The difference is that the L-1A/B and H-1B visa groups are exempt from demonstrating proof of that intent.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with me being a Sanctimonious Prick (although I certainly don't deny it), it has to do with learning and using the correct terminology.

Ian
Old Feb 17th 2013, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Oh, and this has nothing to do with me being a Sanctimonious Prick (although I certainly don't deny it), it has to do with learning and using the correct terminology.
Very fair point. I was replying on my phone and wanted to use the right term but I guess it just didn't happen. It is indeed the L-1A that they are processing. If I could go back and edit my posts to correct (and thus not have any issues with wrong terms showing up in searches) I would.

Cheers Ian.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Just posting a short update. I have my L-1A visa now and my family have their L-2s, after a very short interview at the US embassy.

The visa will be activated in May and the attorneys are currently beginning the process for adjustment of status.

Once again, thanks to everyone on the forums for all of the advice and support.
Old May 14th 2013, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Visa was activated and I'm now the proud (?) owner of a SSN as well (which took around 24 hours end to end).

Meeting with the attorneys on Thursday to discuss adjustment of status while I shop around for somewhere to live.

Fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.